• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hello! Anybody out there can help me with a problem taking Lightroom 6 files into PSE 15 please?

Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anybody out there can help me with a problem taking Lightroom 6 files into PSE 15 please?

[Moved from the Lounge (which is where you can "connect with your peers" from across all of Adobe's products for conversations that don't directly relate to help and support) to a product-specific support forum - moderator]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

stevem20449158  wrote

Thank you Michel, I haven't been clear enough sorry, my question relates to editing pictures in PSE.  When I use the "Edit in PSE" tool, PSE opens but then won't open the file.  I used to get a "Render using Lightroom" option but that has gone. Any ideas??  Thank you

Now I understand. Could you state your OS version? I am on Windows 10.

I don't use the "edit in PSE" command usually (but it does work for me), I am using the 'Elemental' pluging from Daw Matt. It gives more opti

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

stevem20449158  wrote

Anybody out there can help me with a problem taking Lightroom 6 files into PSE 15 please?

Lightroom can convert an Organizer catalog but that does not work the other way round. The only way to 'take Lightroom 6 files into PSE15 is to create a new Organizer catalog and to 'import' the files from their real location on your drive(s).

Since you don't recover anything (tags, collections...) from the LR catalog, you'll have to select all your files in LR and 'write metadata to files - shortcut Ctrl S). The tags and captions will be accessible to the organizer at import time.

So, if the media files are on the same computer, you simply import all in the organizer. If the media have to be copied elsewhere, on another computer or another location to separate the catalog managements, use your OS to copy your media files folder structure where needed.

After import, all your tags will be available in the keywords panel on the right, in the 'imported keywords' section. You can manage those keywords and create a new structure for categories, subcategories and keywords.

Note that I don't use geotagging nor face recognition, I don't know how those metadata will be handled.

My advice:first try to import a small batch in a new catalog in Elements to see how it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Michel, I haven't been clear enough sorry, my question relates to editing pictures in PSE.  When I use the "Edit in PSE" tool, PSE opens but then won't open the file.  I used to get a "Render using Lightroom" option but that has gone. Any ideas??  Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

stevem20449158  wrote

Now I understand. Could you state your OS version? I am on Windows 10.

I don't use the "edit in PSE" command usually (but it does work for me), I am using the 'Elemental' pluging from Daw Matt. It gives more options and better integration without the need for an intermediate tiff/psd file.

https://www.photographers-toolbox.com/products/mdawson/tpgelemental/

You might also post this question on the Lightroom forum:

Photoshop Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Excellent piece of advice Michel, Adobe couldn't fix it as it is a "known problem" apparently but your advice on the Elemental plugin was spot on.  Working perfectly thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines