Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help Creating a transparent logo

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2019 Mar 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All

Can anyone help me with making my logo picture transparent background Please. I'm new to Photoshop elements and am struggling.

I want to add the black writing only to my website front page and be able to see the page background picture.Please help!.

Bake 1.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 24, 2019 Mar 24, 2019

It's important to eliminate the background of the logo so that it is "transparent".

1. Save your logo to disk and open it in PSE Editor (expert tab)
  2. Drag the padlock on the background layer (in the layers palette) to the trash can in order to unlock it
  3. Set up the magic wand tool with tolerance=32, contiguous unchecked.
  4. Click on  background and hit delete on keyboard. This should remove the background.
  5. Save logo via File>save for web>PNG 24, transparency checked, .in folder on desktop
  6. Close PSE
  7. Start from

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's important to eliminate the background of the logo so that it is "transparent".

1. Save your logo to disk and open it in PSE Editor (expert tab)
  2. Drag the padlock on the background layer (in the layers palette) to the trash can in order to unlock it
  3. Set up the magic wand tool with tolerance=32, contiguous unchecked.
  4. Click on  background and hit delete on keyboard. This should remove the background.
  5. Save logo via File>save for web>PNG 24, transparency checked, .in folder on desktop
  6. Close PSE
  7. Start from scratch with a picture
  8. Open your logo from step 5, and drag it onto the picture (or copy/paste). It will come in as a separate layer in the layers palette.
  9. Position and resize to suit with move tool.
  10. The checkerboard pattern that you see surrounding the logo denotes transparency. It will not be visible on the web site. If you wish to remove the black oval, access the eraser tool and erase it.

It  is critical to save the logo in a file format which supports transparency.

Further to step #3, you may have to adjust the tolerance value down, but start with default=32.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fantastic. Thank you so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome. Glad that it worked out for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines