• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help! Curser changes into a spinning wait curser

Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2019 May 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I try to use a tool (brush, pencil, eraser, etc) the curser changes into the spinning wait curser as I draw/erase until I stop. I'm using the 30-day trial of Photoshop Elements 2019, on a MacBook Air using the built-in mousepad. Is this a bug? Or is there some way to turn this off?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 02, 2019 May 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a second version of Elements (earlier or otherwise) on the same computer? I found that this was my problem and the spinning beach ball drove me crazy. Once I got rid of the earlier version, all was well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2019 May 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I do still have an old version on my laptop (PS Elements 8) while trying out the new one. I've been reluctant/afraid to give it up because it still has the Color Variations tool which I still use constantly to make something a little more red, a little less blue, a little more green, etc. with just the click of a button. But it's more important to be able to see the cursor, so time to bite the bullet and let it go..  Thanks so much for the quick response!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 03, 2019 May 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There should be absolutely no reason why Elements 8 is interfering with Elements 2019 unless you have a process from a second version running at the same time. (And, even then, I doubt whether it would make a difference.) They are two entirely separate programs. Although you are seeing the spinning ball, it sounds like the tools are actually working without a problem.  Is that the case?  Can you give us a screen shot of the cursor when this happens.

What OS are you using and when did you download the trial program?  Are you using the Organizer?  If so, there is a lot of background analysis taking place for the first period of use.  (That can be several weeks if you have a large catalog.)  Try turning off auto-analysis in Elements Organizer preferences and see whether it makes a difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2019 May 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the tools are are working fine, it's just that I can't see the cursor when I'm drawing because of the spinning ball. I've tried taking screenshots, but the spinning wait cursor strangely doesn't show up in the screenshot.

Mac OS 10.14.4

I downloaded the trial version 7 days ago

I'm not using the Organizer. It's not open. But I went in and changed the preferences to turn off auto-analysis anyway, just in case. No change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 04, 2019 May 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know nothing about Macs, but try going to the Editor's Preferences>Display and Cursors dialog.  See if poking around there makes any difference.  Maybe use the Reset button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 26, 2019 Jun 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am having problems with the spinning beach ball but in Elements 19. I have carried out the above ,turning off auto-analysis. I also have ver.17.

Unfortunately for me I have bought the program, so it's either dl some other program or keep putting up with the spinning ball, which I am not prepared to do.

Totally fed up with Adobe releasing such a program with these faults.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2019 Jun 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ended up buying it and I'm still getting that spinning ball while trying to draw and/or erase. Super annoying and makes it impossible to be precise!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 28, 2019 Jun 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well I am not prepared to put up with it. So I have DL ON1 and this seems good.

Wonder if I can get a refund from Adobe ?.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines