Highlighted

Help Dropdown: Update is grey in PS 2019

New Here ,
Mar 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed Photoshop 2019 from a CD as an upgrade. I now wanted to check whether an update was already available.
  In the help dropdown panel there is an entry updates as it used to be. However, it is grey and I cannot click on it.
  What has to be done to activate the check for an update

Best regards
Toni

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by MichelBParis | Adobe Community Professional

You just have to wait until the option is no longer greyed out.

That's a new feature, the option is automatically shown when an update is really available.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Help Dropdown: Update is grey in PS 2019

New Here ,
Mar 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed Photoshop 2019 from a CD as an upgrade. I now wanted to check whether an update was already available.
  In the help dropdown panel there is an entry updates as it used to be. However, it is grey and I cannot click on it.
  What has to be done to activate the check for an update

Best regards
Toni

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by MichelBParis | Adobe Community Professional

That's a new feature, the option is automatically shown when an update is really available.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 07, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 07, 2019 0
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. This helps.

Rgds

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 07, 2019 0
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but I can't belive that no update since more than 6 month. I still have version 30August2018 on my PC

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 10, 2019 0
Apr 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alex,

What do you expect?

The only update has been the Camera Raw plugin 11.1. 0.112.

My guess is that a new Camera Raw version will be available, hopefully in a few weeks.

For PSE2019 (Windows) I don't expect anything before the next  2020 version, which is common except when there are major bugs to correct. That does not seem to be the case this year. Can't say anything for the Mac version.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 10, 2019 0
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank's for your quick reply.

My expectation is based on my experience with other software like Office or IOS, where you get every month an update.

But my question is answered. Many thanks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 11, 2019 0
Apr 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alex2019  wrote

Thank's for your quick reply.

My expectation is based on my experience with other software like Office or IOS, where you get every month an update.

But my question is answered. Many thanks.

Yes, OS providers have a responsibility to protect their users against all malware threats, which justifies frequent updates, just like antivirus or safety softwares. Their updates for new features are less frequent and not always free.

For editing softwares like Elements, you get different update frequency. For instance, the 'pro' Adobe Creative subscriptions offers frequent updates for both safety changes, bug fixes and new detailed features, which is the reward for monthly payments. For the 'consumer' and perpetual Elements offer, whether you like it or not, you know that a new paying version is issued every year with new features as well as bug fixes. Apart from the updates of the ACR module, you can't expect more than a couple of updates for a given version. The old versions are never updated. Adobe support is only for the current version, except for installation of licencing. That's why forums like this one are useful because volunteers with a lot of experience are happy to help you for issues with older as current versions.

So, thank  you for your question which  should be very helpful to many other new users so that they are warned about what they can expect. However, you did not mention exactly which kind of update you are waiting for:  ACR update? Bug fixes? Hardware or OS issues?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 11, 2019 0
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since 6 month no update on my side...what is the current version?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 10, 2019 0