• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help needed with weird colour in PSE 17 please

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2019 Jun 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.  I'm running PSE 17 on Windows 10.  I have my preference set to Windows management of colour.  I have been having problems for a while with printing, but by adjusting the brightness by 70% (yes, really!) I can print a reasonable photo on my Epson.  My Canon Selphy requires no such adjustment, and works just fine.

Sorting through my photos, I've noticed that while the colours are pretty accurate when viewed on Windows Photos, they are different when viewed on PSE.  Eg one today has a distinct bluey/green colour cast on PSE that it doesn't have on Photos.  (In other words, it is a colour issue, not a brightness one like I get with my Epson printer).  Which seems odd given that both Photos and PSE use Windows colour management - I have tried changing that setting to the Adobe one, and it seems to make little if any difference.

I can't see any other ways of changing the way I see the colours - can anyone help please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 19, 2019 Jun 19, 2019

hilaryf62399429  wrote

I have my preference set to Windows management of colour.  I

I do not avail myself of this option.

Try this:

In Editor, Expert tab, go to Image>Mode and be sure that RGB Color is checked

Go to Edit>Color Settings and check "Always optimize for Computer Screens."

Go to File>Print>More Options>Color Handling tab>Color Handling and check "Printer Manages Color."

We don't want both PSE and the printer managing color.

hilaryf62399429  wrote

but by adjusting the brightness by 70% (yes

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you printing from the Organizer or the Editor?  Do you get different results from each?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hilaryf62399429  wrote

I have my preference set to Windows management of colour.  I

I do not avail myself of this option.

Try this:

In Editor, Expert tab, go to Image>Mode and be sure that RGB Color is checked

Go to Edit>Color Settings and check "Always optimize for Computer Screens."

Go to File>Print>More Options>Color Handling tab>Color Handling and check "Printer Manages Color."

We don't want both PSE and the printer managing color.

hilaryf62399429  wrote

but by adjusting the brightness by 70% (yes, really!) I can print a reasonable photo on my Epson. 

I suspect that the brightness of your computer screen is too high,  a common issue. You may be well served to calibrate your monitor with a device, such as Huey .

In addition, check the white point setting on your camera.

I assume that you are using genuine Epson and Canon ink in your machines, not off-label ersatz.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines