• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help please! I have a greetings card, saved as A5, but this size is not an option when I try to print.

New Here ,
May 26, 2019 May 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The file size is A5, but when I go to the printer diagologue box, that size is not there.

I'm using

Adobe Photoshop Elements Version: 15.0 (20160905.m.97630)  x64

Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit

Help would be much appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 26, 2019 May 26, 2019

hazels4231138  wrote

You're correct, it doesn't, which is why I have the problem! My printer will print A5 from other applications, but not Photoshop.

I use a program called Greeting Card Factory Deluxe. Besides greeting cards, you print note cards, certificates, etc No problem with printing.

I can import a graphic created in Photoshop Elements, add text, borders, etc.

Saves a lot of paper and ink.

From time to time they run a promotion for the program.

https://www.novadevelopment.com/software/greeting-card-factory-deluxe-503949?rs4=NO_US_GOOG_1116&cc=GOOG&gclid=EAIaIQobC…

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hazels4231138  wrote

The file size is A5, but when I go to the printer diagologue box, that size is not there.

I'm using

Adobe Photoshop Elements Version: 15.0 (20160905.m.97630)  x64

Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit

Help would be much appreciated!

I interpret that your picture file has A5 dimensions, or 5.8x8.3".

My Epson driver also does not offer A5, but there is a paper size option for "user defined." Have a look if this is available.

Are you making a folded card or single page?

Note that Avery has many templates available that work well with their card stock. www.avery.com.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your comment.  Yes, the picture file is set to A5, as that's the size of the cards I want to use.  They are pre-scored,  (so A5 and then you fold to A6) and I've had no trouble getting the words/image to exactly the right size to fit on A5, but then the printer doesn't have that option.  Where do you find "user defined" as this doesn't seem to be an option, and none of the sizes on the menu are correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For my Epson printer, it is last one on the list in the drop-down. Your printer may not have this capability.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're correct, it doesn't, which is why I have the problem! My printer will print A5 from other applications, but not Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hazels4231138  wrote

I use a program called Greeting Card Factory Deluxe. Besides greeting cards, you print note cards, certificates, etc No problem with printing.

I can import a graphic created in Photoshop Elements, add text, borders, etc.

Saves a lot of paper and ink.

From time to time they run a promotion for the program.

https://www.novadevelopment.com/software/greeting-card-factory-deluxe-503949?rs4=NO_US_GOOG_1116&cc=...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, so it looks like I can't do this in photoshop. Thanks for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 27, 2019 May 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hazels4231138  wrote

OK, so it looks like I can't do this in photoshop. Thanks for your help

I did not intend to infer that. You can do it in Photoshop Elements, but the A5 size that you are focused on is not available to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines