• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help with adobe photoshop and adobe premeire

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have both of these programs loaded on my hard drive from disc's that I purchased back in 2014.  Do I need both of these.  Adobe is asking me to upgrade and I don't know if i need to upgrade both programs.  seems to me like they both do the same thing, except the premeire has a few more functions.  Also it looks to me like all of these are in the cloud now and you pay for them monthly, so i'm really lost as what I need to do. Can someone help me?

Thanks

Toddygirl1947

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you have the consumer level Elements versions of PS and Premier which are NOT the same as the pro-level tools. 

Photoshop Elements or Premier Elements 2020 (approx $100, no subscription needed)
https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop Elements is the photo editor with a one time payment.

Premiere Elements is the video editor with a one time payment.

Premiere Pro CC and Photoshop CC (subscriptions) need an internet connection to sign in occasionally, but your files and programs are stored locally.

If everything works OK for you now, you don't need to upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The reference to "upgrade" is a marketing technique. If your version of the software works for you, keep using it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines