• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help with crop tool

New Here ,
Feb 14, 2019 Feb 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New to this latest version... What is driving me absolutely insane using this new version is the crop tool. In older versions it defaulted to the last dimensions used. This was helpful when working with a large number of photos which needed to be cropped to the same dimensions. Now, I'm having to re-enter the dimensions each time I'm switching photos. I do know there's a work-around by making a template in the size I'm needing to crop everything to, dragging and flattening the layers, etc. But this has it's issues, as well, because I'm having to save each file after flattening, and re-opening a new template. Am I missing something? Because surely Adobe wouldn't intentionally make it impossible to retain crop dimensions between photos? Unless their purpose in making this new version was to make it a million times less attractive to users?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 15, 2019 Feb 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

From the Editor menu go to:

Edit >> Preferences >> General (tab)

Un-check the last box “Enable Crop Pre-Selection” and click OK

Open an image and entre your width height and resolution.

Crop and save.

The setting should stick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines