Mar 21, 2020 Mar 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I stop home page opening when I open PSE 2020

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Hi,

You cannot skip the Home Screen in Elements  2020 with a configuration, as this home screen is not only a launcher for the applications. The Home screen showcases a carousel of cards to help you discover new features, try out exciting features, and explore and personalize Auto Creations. You can also quickly search for Help resources of your desired features.

But you can create desktop shortcut for Editor and other applications, which can be used to directly launch the application instea

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem - I want to get rid of the home page opening when I go to PSE 2020 !  it's driving me crazy-

I'm on a macbook pro laptop . . . grateful for some help. New to PSE - - experienced in PSD CC . . . but thought I would

save a bit of money.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You cannot skip the Home Screen in Elements  2020 with a configuration, as this home screen is not only a launcher for the applications. The Home screen showcases a carousel of cards to help you discover new features, try out exciting features, and explore and personalize Auto Creations. You can also quickly search for Help resources of your desired features.

But you can create desktop shortcut for Editor and other applications, which can be used to directly launch the application instead of launching the home screen first.

Section 'Create desktop shortcuts for the Editor and Organizer' of below link mentions step about how to create desktop shortcuts:

Bypass the Welcome Screen in Photoshop Elements 

Thanks! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you Somya - but I ONLY want to use the Photoshop app - I don't need or want any of the other elements -

is there a way I can access the Photoshop directly?  I use it as a default plugin with PhotoMechanic -

It's a very annoying additonal step everytime I open an image from Raw to work on it and then save it as a jpg before

uploading it. Your help is very appreciated, Viviane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2020 May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Somya - I need some additional help plese -

Photoshop Elements doesn't work with my workflow as a default application in PhotoMechanic.

it simply isn't working as the home welcome page seems to block it ! I shoot RAW and need to open up

and then at least bypass the welcome screen. But it seems to get stuck there with nowhere to go.

I would like to cancel, get my money refunded and then buy Photoshop CC - which I know will work.

Can you help and show me the how to steps? help will be very appreciated, thank you. Viviane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2020 May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Somya - I resolved it by chatting on line with Adobe support - canceled the product and refund on the way. But thank you for being out there in case I need help. Very appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines