• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How big can a Photoshop Elements catalog be?

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2019 Oct 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo,

gibt es eine maximale Größe für Kataloge in PSE 2018? Ich habe in meinem Katalog ca. 25.000 Bilder und möchte mit diesem weiter arbeiten, da die Suche in nur einem Katalog am einfachsten ist. Spricht etwas dagegen?

Grüße Reser

{Thread title edited by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Reser,

There is no limitation on the number of images you can have in a catalog or how large the catalog can be in Photoshop Elements however a larger catalog may slow down the performance of the application. 

For more information on the Photoshop Elements catalogs, please visit the link below.

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/elements-organizer/using/creating-editing-catalogs.html

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My catalog is approximately 108000 photo's large and still works. I did however chose to make some additional catalogs for photo's of specific projects (that i did not want in my "main" catalog). Still works fine.
In my main catalog i did not complete the face reconigion. i have tried, but it's crap. Takes wayyyyy to much memory (more that specified max allowed, so the compuetr crashes), and it takes a longggggg time (weeks and weeks of 24/7 running).

So if you have "only 25000 foto's and want to use face reconigion, i would suggest starting with it asap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have over 150,000 media files, photos and videos, in my main catalog.  (All of my files have been through face recognition analysis, but my catalog has been built over many years.  With the introduction of video face recognition in 2020, it did take several days of 24/7 operation, as mentioned, to analyze my 10,000 video files.) 

With a large catalog, it does take longer to load the catalog on startup and certain operations do take longer.  But a calalog that is under 100k files should load fairly rapidly with adequate computer hardware.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines