• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I copy and paste something which is written in hindi font in photoshop?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 01, 2014 Aug 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to create an image with some text written on it. The text which is to be written is in Hindi language and I have that text in a ms word file. But I don't know Hindi typing so the only option I have is to copy and paste that text from ms-word file as it is. Now the problem is the same font is working in ms-word file properly but as I soon as I copy it to Photoshop with the same font enabled, it is showing something weird boxes. In short, Hindi font is working for ms-word but same Hindi font is not working for Photoshop particularly in case of copy and paste. Not only one font, I tried many of them but problem is the same for every font. Please help. Proper answer will be greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Open the Hindi text in WORD
  2. Highlight the text
  3. Press CTRL+C on the keyboard to copy the text and put it on the clipboard
  4. Open the picture file in PSE
  5. Press CTRL+V to paste the text on the picture file. It will come in on a separate layer.
  6. Position the text with the move tool, and resize, if necessary, with the corner handles

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@hatstead thanks a lot for quick reply but I think you didn't read the question properly. I said the same Hindi font is working in ms word but as soon as I copy it from ms word file to Photoshop with the same font enabled it shows weird boxes. so, copy and paste is not working even if the same font is enabled in both applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post something in Hindi text here. I should like to try pasting the message on to a picture file as a block of text, I.e . not using the type tool in PSE.

You can post via the camera icon at the top of the reply box.

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hatstead मेरा आज का कार्यक्रम पहले से तय है
Now I go to preferences>type>enable missing glyph protection and now it is not showing weird boxes but another problem is the text is not same as it should be or as copied from ms word. The difference is shown in the attached picture and now this problem is a driving me nuts. Please help. 

upload file.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gagan_mathur,

I copied the Hindi text from your post with the snipping tool in Windows 7

Opened the snip in PSE

I applied a Levels adjustment layer to enhance the text in PSE

Copied the text to the clipboard

Pasted the text on a picture file.

Is this what you are after?

composite.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2014 Aug 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hatstead Thanks a lot for your quick reply, but this is not what I want! Actually when I posted the picture with Hindi font I forgot that you don't know the Hindi language. Actually in the picture I want something which is written on the right hand side to the equal sign ('='). Problem is when I copy it from ms word file or notepad file with same font enabled in the Photoshop, Photoshop automatically converts it to something which is written on the left hand side to equal sign ('='). Believe me I have done everything in last 24 hours to fix this problem but unfortunately none of the solution worked. I also used "Place" option to import the ms word file but again unfortunately Photoshop doesn't allow text files or .doc file format to be placed. So the thing is I want something which is written right hand side but when I copy it to Photoshop, Photoshop automatically converts it into something which is written on the left hand side. I hope you got the crux. Please help!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes same problem I am facing now in my work and have not any solution yet for me....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2015 Feb 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing more futile & frustrating than a "know-it-all" commenter  who 1) Assumes the original poster is stupid 2) Misunderstands the original question and further increases the confusion 3) Posts a sub-par workaround, once has been asked to rectify

Dear hatstead,

Why would someone use such powerful tool as Photoshop while copying snippets of font image from Word? Might as well use Paint if resolution and technical versatility is of no regard.

Sometimes no solution is better than a crappy solution, especially in a matter whose quality depends on small details.

Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 03, 2015 Feb 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sju1909,

If you have a better idea, please share.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2015 Feb 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's what worked for me:

1. Go to: http://www.indiantypefoundry.com/help/technical-issues/how-to-use-unicode-fonts/
  2. Under "Using Adobe Templates" you'll find templates for Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign with a pre-installed Hindi font which is configured to preserve the characters. Download the template that is relevant to the application you are working in.
  3. Copy and paste your text from Word into the template. The template should preserve the font copied from Word. The font used is Adobe Devanagari.
  4. Copy text from Adobe template to your Adobe document, or work on it directly.

Hope it helps,

Cristina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2019 May 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For everyone experiencing this same problem, this works perfectly! Thank you so much! Please try it out. It may not have many likes, but that is because this thread is not viewed much. After hours of frusturation, this fixed everything. Perfect!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your reply has been very helpful. Thank you. The solution works perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2023 Sep 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PSE is not a text editor. That is why I suggested that you copy the text available to you in your WORD document as a "print screen", then paste it to the picture. Windows 7 has the Snipping tool which facilitates this process. Your equipment may vary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hatstead Snipping tool or print screen or other tools which captures screen doesn't solve my problem thoroughly, you know why! Anyways, Thanks a lot for your time and assistance. Have a great time ahead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2014 Dec 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gagan did you get solution to this problem?

Please help if you know. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 25, 2016 Apr 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not getting suitable answer for this problem yet.

Anybody Help... seriously

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2016 Apr 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem 4 years back. I solved it by not using Unicode. Copy paste of Hindi unicode and its fonts like Mangal or Mathura etc. never work. Instead I downloaded some specialized softwares which were made specifically to type Indian languages. The most famous (but paid after 30 days trial) that worked for me is Baraha. It worked perfectly when I had to design pages for Hindi text.

For that, first you need to pay some time (around half an hour) learning how to use Baraha. After that, all is easy. Make a Baraha rtf ANSI file after you type the hindi stuff you want, and then copy-paste will work.

Let me know in case you don't follow. I will help you out.

Here are some sample shots

B1.png

Shot 1: First type the stuff you want. It also has a tutorial how to type in Phonetic way

B2.png

Shot 2: Then Export it as RTF (ANSI) and open the file.

B3.png

Shot 3: Now copy the text from the file (for example, here I have opened RTF in MS Word). Make sure that you notice that font is BRH Devnagari.

B4.png

Shot 4: After you paste text, if it shows weird symbols, Select all text (Ctrl+A) and change font to BRH Devnagari. It will work without problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2016 Aug 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found the solution to this problem and you can find download PSD Hindi Type Template. Just write anything here and copy and paste to the place where you want. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2016 Sep 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanka a lot. It's working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2016 Oct 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to do this too - I am English and can't read or write Sanskrit, but I have to design some graphics in different languages/alphabets. Someone has emailed a Word doc to me with the correct text, but when pasting into Photoshop it changes it. Any clues? it's driving me mad! Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 05, 2017 Sep 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of photoshop or photoshop elements?

What operating system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2017 Sep 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guys, I have the simple solution of this problem.....

when u copy any hindi or other language text and paste in photoshop or any other adobe software just make of ALLCAPS (TT) Icon in your font property. Boom the problem is solved.....

Big rocket science!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 18, 2018 Dec 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any simple solution after all these years? It's shameful at this point. It's nearly 2019 and problem still persists on the latest version (20.0.1).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines