• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I divide multiple photos into two equal parts?

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2020 Apr 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am scanning slides to my computer, by taking photos of them in macro mode, 2 slides at a time. Now I want to split each photo into the two separate slides. Is there a batch way to do this? They are all to be split down the middle. Subsequently I will crop each individually to the actual slide size. Thanks!

TOPICS
Actions , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 05, 2020 Apr 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try Image>Divide Scanned Photos in Expert mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, it works, but my raw images get sized down to 600kb for the individual slides when I save them as jpeg.

Know how to avoid that and get denser images?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's Jpeg compression. Same amount of information, just compression is applied to make the image a smaller file size, although too much compression like using a quality below 8 can result in visible artifacts and so can saving a jpeg over and over.

If you save the Jpegs with a Quality of 8 to 10 that's about the best compromise between size a quality.

If you want better quality and the ability to edit and save the image repeatedly you should use psd of tif for saving.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines