• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I stop seeing the Home screen on startup? Elements 2019

Explorer ,
Oct 12, 2018 Oct 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This Home screen on Elements 2019 on startup is so annoying and for me, unnecessary. How can I stop it ever showing?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 12, 2018 Oct 12, 2018

So, as already suggested, create your desktop shortcuts to start individually your PSE and PE editors.

Locate your "PhotoshopElementsEditor.exe" on your computer and create a shortcut on the desktop.
Same for Premiere Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AlanJPerks  wrote

This Home screen on Elements 2019 on startup is so annoying and for me, unnecessary. How can I stop it ever showing?

Just like the "Welcome screen" in previous Elements version, you can create your own desktop shortcuts for the .exe files of the editor and the organizer.

That said, PSE2019 behaves differently in performance if you switch very frequently from the organizer to the editor and vice versa. To take advantage of the better performance, I do keep all three programs:  Home screen, editor and organizer opened before starting any editing session. Just compare the time to open directly the organizer or the editor only or starting from the Home Screen.

I have also found that the text search in the 'Home Screen' is much more efficient than the online help to search any function of the software; it's not only to show you a lot of 'fancy' tools.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate we all work differently and thank you for your comment. I never use the organiser, because my files are organised manually. I also am unlikely to use the photo app at the same time as the video app.

If I click on an app, I just want that and not a load of stuff I am already aware of, each time.

Can the home screen be avoided?

Get Outlook for Android<https://aka.ms/ghei36>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, as already suggested, create your desktop shortcuts to start individually your PSE and PE editors.

Locate your "PhotoshopElementsEditor.exe" on your computer and create a shortcut on the desktop.
Same for Premiere Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2018 Oct 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same applies to PhotoshopElementsOrganizer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

many thanks again, I'd forgotten that!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines