• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I update Photoshop Elements 2018 to the new Camera Raw 13.0 ?

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I update Photoshop Elements 2018 to the actual version Camera Raw 13.0 that the program can read my raw files from my new camera?

The update button doesn´t work in my program.

Thanks for a detailed update-instruction if possible.

TOPICS
Download and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Basic answer in the following faq:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-elements/faq-will-photoshop-elements-work-with-my-camera-or...

Each camera model comes with its own unique raw format. Any older conversion sofware won't be able to read the raw files from the new camera. Only current versions of Elements can be updated to recognize new formats.

For older versions, Adobe provides the free DNGconverter mentioned in the above faq. That standalone software (not a plugin) can batch convert a whole folder of your raw files to the DNG raw format that your PSE version can read and edit. An additional batch step, but free with the same quality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

. . .  in addition to the DNG converter solution there is a workaround.  See my post here.  I have not tried ACR 13 with Elements 2018 but it should work.   Note that in Step 9 of the Adobe workaround, the version number for Elements 2018 is Elements 16.   So the path you should be looking for is: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\Elements 16\File Formats.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines