• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can you go back with no History Brush in Elements

Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've done a few checks on the net and it looks like the history brush I'm used to using in PS CS6 is not a tool that PS Elements has, feel free to correct me if it's hidden away somewhere and I've missed it? My problem is that when I use the sky replacement in PS Elements it also re colours some other parts of the picture other than the sky, usually any white parts. My question to people is if there is no history brush tool in Elements how do you easily put the sections of the picture i.e. the parts under the sky that were recoloured back to their original state? An exsample was that there was a white van quite a bit lower than the horizon that went from white to blue when I replaced the sky, with a history brush that would have been a 2 second fix to put it back to it's original colour , no idea how to easily fix it in Elements.

TOPICS
How to , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

You are correct that there is no History brush.  However, I think you can accomplish what you want by continuing to edit in Expert mode.  Then, simply turn off visibility of the top layer (which is a flattened layer) and use the mask on the next layer to paint back in the old sky.

Ashampoo_Snap_2021.01.04_11h45m43s_000_SnapCollage.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are correct that there is no History brush.  However, I think you can accomplish what you want by continuing to edit in Expert mode.  Then, simply turn off visibility of the top layer (which is a flattened layer) and use the mask on the next layer to paint back in the old sky.

Ashampoo_Snap_2021.01.04_11h45m43s_000_SnapCollage.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK! I've sussed it out for this particular situation, highlight the sky gradient layer and erase it over the parts of the picture that have been wrongly coloured. It would still be nice to find out what people are doing in the absence of a History Brush Tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that Gregg_S, I posted my reply before I refreshed the screen and saw you had already replied, I'll try your method on the next occasion. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks again Greg_S (only one "G" this time, sorry about that) Yes your method worked great, funny how you forget about such things as painting in and out using layer masks when you don't use them very often.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines