• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I create hyperlink in Photoshop Elements 18?

New Here ,
Mar 07, 2021 Mar 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to create a hyperlink for an image I created in Photoshop Elements.

I've found NO turtorials online or in Google search.  Vid I saw said look for the

"Slice Tool" under the "Crop Tool" but its not in Elements 18.  Is there a way?

TOPICS
How to , Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Micah,

Adobe Photoshop Elements does not include the ability to slice up an image for use on the Web. That is a feature that is only available in Photoshop CC.

You can download a free 7-day trial of Adobe Photoshop CC from here:

Adobe Photoshop

Open the image you've created in Photoshop Elements in Photoshop CC then follow these instructions:

Slice web pages

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you download the trial of Photoshop CC, make sure to properly cancel or you will automatically be charged for a subscription at the end of the trial:

https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/using/cancel-subscription.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Peru Bob Thanks for that reminder 🙂

If that does happen though, you do have a further 14 days to contact Adobe and request a full refund for the amount charged to your card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar query so thank you Micah - 

In the last few weeks I have been trying to create an image/pdf with a clickable tinyurl hyperlink in it. I'm working in Photoshop Elements. SOMETIMES when I save the psd as a Photoshop pdf, it works and when I open the pdf later, the tinyurl is recognised as a hyperlink and everything's fine. But then if I go back and change something in the psd, say a colour on one of the other layers/rearrange the other parts of the composition, and then save again as a pdf, the link will no longer work. It seems totally inconsistent and I can't replicate a set of steps that makes the hyperlink work every time. 

Can anyone please help with guidance on this. It definitely DOES work, sometimes, but not others, and I can't see why. It's turning what should be a 2-hour design and save job into an open-ended hit and miss excercise!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ekun,

I didn't know you could do that, so thanks for making me learn something new 🙂

I've tried it a few times in Adobe Photoshop Elements 2021, and can't replicate your problem; I've made changes (added new layers, rearranged the layers, repositioned the text) and saved it / saved it with a different name - each time the PDF version retained the link.

Which version of Adobe Photoshop Elements are you using?

Also, are you on Windows or macOS, and how are you viewing the PDFs?

I'm using Windows 10 Home 20H2 19042.867 and viewing my PDFs in Microsoft's Edge browser version 89.0.774.54.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2021 Oct 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was so glad to find your reply - I've been trying to do this without success.

Could you please share your process for creating a link? I am using Elements 2020 on a Mac.

I tried using HTML to create a link and saving as a PDF, but was not successful.

Thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines