• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I disable 'Crop Hint' taskbar in Ps Elements 19?

New Here ,
May 21, 2019 May 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As the title asks.

I've just downloaded the trial version of PsE 19 for my newly-bought PC having used both the full version of Ps / CS6 and a previous version of PsE on my old PC.

I really do NOT need hints as to how to crop my photographs and the 'Hints' taskbar blocks the lower 20% the image every single time I select the crop tool.

It's driving me crazy!

Any advice greatly received! Thanks in advance.

Philip.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Philip,

It isn't possible to disable the Tool Options for just one tool. This change will impact all the tools.

You can accomplish this by the following steps:

1. Click on the Tool Options icon to view the tool options

2. Click on the icon as shown in the screenshot below and thereafter click on Auto Show Tool Options.

ToolOptions.jpg

3. Again click on the Tool Options icon to hide the tool options.

Now, whenever you select any tool, its corresponding tool options won't show up. You can simply check the Auto Show Tool Options again to continue seeing the tool options automatically whenever any tool is selected.

Please let me know if you have any further queries.

Thanks,

Medha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Medha, for your answer which has resolved this problem for me.

Regards,

Philip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to know that your problem has been resolved, Philip! Hope you have a great time exploring Photoshop Elements 2019.

Regards,

Medha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2019 Jun 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello again, Medha.

I have another question regarding Pe 2019.

I wish to set my crop tool to a particular size (14.8cm x 21.0cm @dpi) after which I have a very large number of images to crop. My problem is that after I set these parameters in the tool dialogue box and crop the first image the numbers reset to default / 'Use Photo Ratio' and I have to input the required settings yet again. In my previous versions of Pe and Ps (Cs6) once the crop dimensions were set they didn't change until I changed them. How do I set the crop tool to maintain my choice of crop until I choose otherwise?

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Philip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines