• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I download .heic amazon photos to photoshop elements 2020

Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2020 Feb 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently purchased the 2020 assuming this would be an easy fix.  I can transfer the photos from the amazon cloud onto computer but when I go to upload them onto Photoshop elements, it rejects this new file format and says it needs to be converted to jpeg.  I have alot of photos that I would like to PE.  Is there an easy way to go about this conversion?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are several converters. Here is one:

https://www.zamzar.com/convert/heic-to-jpg/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or, if you have a Windows PC, you could install the Microsoft HEIF Image Extensions, then no conversion is needed.

--
Walter in Davie, FL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

. . .  What OS are you using?  For a Windows machine, there is a little bit more involved than just adding the Microsoft HEIF extension.  See this article about specs and Win 10 version requirements and the need to delete the Media Cache files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 pro x64 18262 build.  My computer complies with all.  I downloaded the heif extension.  Then I deleted all the media cache files.  Then I returned to windows pictures.  There is only a grey box where each one of the pictures is supposed to be.  Does the HWVC video extension also need to be downloaded even tho there aren't any videos?  I didn't automatically download and pay the .99 because the reviews are awful.  What steps need to be taken once I pull up the "grey" pictures?  Thank you for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After deleting the Media Cache files, the thumbnails need to be rebuilt.  That may be why you are seeing a grey icon. Once the thumbnails are rebuilt, you should see the images.   Can you post a screenshot of the grey icon. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By rebuilding the thumbnails, I am assuming that means to download the pictures from the amazon cloud back onto windows.  That was done and this is the picture that now appears.  At this point they are still .heic files.  and when I click on it it windows says "we can't open this file".  Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried restarting the computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The article https://helpx.adobe.com/in/premiere-elements/using/hevc-decoding-on-windows.html specifies the requirements for working with HEIC images on Windows. If you have already installed the extensions, are you able to open the images outside of Photoshop Elements using Windows Photos app or do you see an error on opening the image with the Windows Photos app?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2020 Feb 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once I download BOTH extension (HEVC and HEIF) it worked.  However, my attempt to download 16 pictures took 30+

minutes which doesn't seem right.  Is this normal?  Is there a better way or should I just buy an Apple computer 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 23, 2020 Feb 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

30 minutes surely seems like lot of time to import 16 images. Can you please tell if you opening images in Photoshop Elements or Elements Organizer? I am assuming the images are present on your computer's hard drive.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 23, 2020 Feb 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ankit, Ladyanna7777 has her files in the Amazon cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2020 Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ankitd, In reference to the lengthy time it takes to download pictures, they are coming from the amazon prime cloud to my hard drive.  Once I have them onto my hard drive, it now takes no time to now get them to Photoshop elements.  Do you have a reason why the download time is taking so long?  I generally use either chrome or microsoft edge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for conforming. There might be a range of issues that might be causing slow download. A better way to get help regarding your download issue would be getting in touch with your cloud service since it lies outside of Adobe's purview. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Download of HEIC files is working quite quickly for me from Amazon Photos (part of my prime storage) however I do have a fibre download speed of 100mb. So download will obviously depend on your own internet connection speed. I usually select all in an album (checkmark on each thumbnail) and Amazon downloads everything to my hard drive in a zip folder. I then simply open the zip folder and click extract all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines