• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I download the full version of PSE2021 vs just the installer ?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought the download version of PSE2021 fron Newegg & was expecting to download it. But only an installer gets saved to my drive.

I have slow Internet and large programs can take 1-2 hours to download. I like to download programs only once & save to a USB stick or other media. That way when I need/want to reinstall a program I don't have to wait hours to download something that I've already downloaded. I usually do a fresh install of Windows & programs every year and having programs already saved to a thumb drive or disc really saves me time.

So far I cannot find a link to a full download. Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks

TOPICS
Download and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks -

Don't know how I missed that when Googling. Initially it indicated the download would take 3 hrs. 38 mins., not quite as bad as I had thought it would be. Did the download in the evening & periodically checked the status & twice it stated Failed. I clicked retry & it continued fron where it had stopped. But checking was done about once an hour so it sat in the Failed modes for quite some time & added just about 2 hours to the download time, which means about 5.5 hours for the total time. Crazy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the full installer, you wont get the latest version installed if there is an update available and then again you have to install the updates, which takes similar amout of time. It is recommended to keep the smaller light version installer and use it to install the setup, whenever you do a fresh install so it would save time for you to get the updates.

Please let me know if you need any help.

Regards

Vipin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That makes sense about getting the latest version with a fresh install. However if I opted to buy the boxed version of PSE2021 I'm presuming it woiuld have a disc, and that would put me in the same position as I am now.

What is the latest version of PSE 2021?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Since Elements 2021 was recently released in the market, it has only version until now and only an update for ECR is available.

Thanks

Vipin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the latest version of PSE 2021?

There is only one version.

The only update is a Camera Raw update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines