• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I fix "Media Offline" for PSE Organizer Slideshow?

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2019 Jul 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Howdy!

I bought PSE 2018 for the Slideshow capability. Now, I can't make any slideshows because I keep getting an error that says "Media Offline."

The help forum tells me to make sure the files are in the correct spot but these are the Slideshow files and I'm not sure how to do that.

Help!?!?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 29, 2019 Jul 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS are you using?  How are you trying to create the slideshow?  Are you doing it from the Organizer?  Are you first selecting media from the grid then clicking the Slideshow button or the Create>Slideshow menu?  If you are selecting from the grid, are any of the files in your catalog "missing".  Go to Find>All missing files to see if this is the case. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2019 Jul 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Windows 10. I'm attempting to create the slideshow from PSE 2018 Organizer.

I selected my media from the grid and then clicked the Slideshow button.

My media has no problems appearing in the slideshow.

The media that seems to be missing is the template images for the Slideshows that are preloaded with the program. So for the watermark theme or the theme with the 'wood' background, my images load into the slideshow just fine. The theme images do not load and instead, I have words that say "Media Offline"

I don't know how to find that folder location to reestablish the broken links for the media that came with the program to make the slideshows work.

Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 30, 2019 Jul 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you need to uninstall and reinstall the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2019 Aug 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I reinstalled the program and the file that should have come with PSE to generate the slideshows are not there. Do you know of any place that will tell me:

1. Where the files for the slideshow templates should reside on my computer?

2. How I can reconnect those files if they are on my computer but not connected to the slideshow template?

3. Where to find the media files for the PSE slideshow templates so I can download them if they were deleted from my computer some how?

- Devon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 04, 2019 Aug 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I will try to get somebody from Adobe staff to take a look at your issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines