• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I install Photoshop Elements 10?

Participant ,
Sep 30, 2019 Sep 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a box with three DVDs to install Photoshop Elements 10.

I want to install it on a Windows 64 bit computer. There are no instructions other than on the DVDs. DVD #1 says: "To install for Windows start with Disc 1." DVD #2 says the same thing. And DVD #3 is for Mac.

Then I found this site https://community.adobe.com/t5/Photoshop-Elements/FAQ-Installing-Elements-10-or-What-do-all-these-di... that says DVD#2 is for a Windows 64 bit computer.

When I put DVD#2 into the computer, I was expecting on-screen intructions to follow, but there were none. So I opened the DVD with the file manager and there are all these files. I did manage to find an .exe file, and I assumed that I needed to double click that to start the installation, but I figured I'd ask here first to see if that was the best (or wrong) way to go. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 01, 2019 Oct 01, 2019

I have the same boxed set you do except mine is an "Upgrade Edition"

IMGd2.jpg

IMGd1.jpg

After you insert disc 1, ideally you should get the win 10 pop-up asking what to do and after clicking on it another dialog should appear that has a list of several choices.

Screenshot-(152).jpg

If that doesn't happen, then click the Start menu icon in the taskbar and type This PC then click Open

Screenshot-(155).jpg

In the windows explorer windows showing all your drives, right click on the PSE 10 dvd icon and there are several choices including

Open AutoPlay..

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You want to use Disk 1 which has photoshop elements 10, which yes is 32 bits, but still works on 64 bit windows.

(there is also a 32 bit trial version of premiere elements)

The second disk is for the Trial version of Premiere Elements which is 64 bits but is a video editing software.

Disk 3 is for a mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Premiere Photoshop Elements"

I think Jeff meant:

Premiere Elements

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes i did.

Thanks for catching that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 01, 2019 Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same boxed set you do except mine is an "Upgrade Edition"

IMGd2.jpg

IMGd1.jpg

After you insert disc 1, ideally you should get the win 10 pop-up asking what to do and after clicking on it another dialog should appear that has a list of several choices.

Screenshot-(152).jpg

If that doesn't happen, then click the Start menu icon in the taskbar and type This PC then click Open

Screenshot-(155).jpg

In the windows explorer windows showing all your drives, right click on the PSE 10 dvd icon and there are several choices including

Open AutoPlay....

Screenshot-(154).jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 01, 2019 Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow. I'm glad I asked. Thanks Jeff! And thanks for all the screenshots. I'm installing it on a friend's computer, so I'll just open the forum and follow your steps. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 07, 2019 Oct 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeff! Installed it on Friday night. Your instructions worked perfectly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installed it Friday night, Jeff! Thanks for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your welcome.

Glad it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines