• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I log out from a different computer?

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2019 Jul 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed PS Elements 12 on a work computer, but I no longer work there.  Is there any way to log out of PS from that computer using my home computer?  I don't think just changing my password will work because I never logged out before I left.  Please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Patrick,

Not sure what you mean by logging out from a different? I believe logging in and out is related to the operating system. And if someone might have turned off your work computer or logged into to a different user account, then I think you're already logged out of that computer.

Are you not able to user Photoshop Elements 12?

Could you please provide some more information? As it would be helpful for us to troubleshoot further.

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The oldest version I have on my machine is Elements 14.  I don't know if things are different with 12.  However, what is your concern about logging (signing) out of the work computer?  That somebody else will use the program while you are using it on another computer?  If so, you should contact support.  Go to this page and there is a link to contact online chat support.  They should be able to help you de-activate the work computer.

You are allowed to have the program installed on two computers, but can only use one at a time.  If you are only bothered about using your home computer, you can do so without deactivating the work computer.  But since the program is still installed on the other computer, it is probably best to contact support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps I should have said "sign out."  I installed PS on computer A and did not log out or uninstall.  Without remote access, how can I sign out of computer A?  Will changing my password on computer B disable PS on computer A?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go here and ask to only have your activations reset:

Contact Customer Care

Click the Chat icon to initiate chat:

Customer Care Click Here.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No luck

Adobe 2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is unclear from your screenshot whether the support person understood the problem.  I would give it another try and see if you get a more helpful response.   You should do as Peru Bob suggested  and ask Support to deactivate all machines currently using your serial number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines