• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I set saving preference, not to go to Elements Organizer?

Explorer ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using PSE2021 and I really like the Editing side.  I don't like using PSE Organizer though.  I know I can untick the option to save to Organizer but I frequently forget.  How can I make the default so that the photos do not use Organizer or save to it?

Many thanks

Paul

TOPICS
Actions , How to , Mac , Organizer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think I have ever noticed this before as I use the Organizer.  But it appears that the Save in Organizer checkbox is not sticky.  In other words, the option to save in the Organizer will always be checked when you open the Save As dialog.  I thought maybe there was a bug that was introduced by the Save to Cloud option in Elements 2021.  But I just looked in Elements 2020 and the same behavior exists.

As far as I know, there is no way to set the dialog not to Include in the Organizer as the default.  But the option to save in a Version Set does seem to be sticky.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I use PSE 2020 and I DO use the Organiser and I have noticed the following:

1. If I edit a photo that is already included in the Organizer catalog, when I finish and save, the "Include in Organizer" is ALWAYS checked when the save window opens.
  2. If I edit a photo that is NOT already in the Organizer catalog by right-clicking on the photo in Explorer and choosing "Open with > Adobe Photoshop Elements 2020 Editor" (or dragging the photo onto my Editor shortcut), when I finish and save, the "Include in Organizer" is NEVER checked when the save window opens.

--
Walter in Davie, FL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Walter is correct about how the dialog operates. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Many thanks all for your help.  I find the Apple Photos app is better for me rather than Organizer but I do like the PSE editor and am used to it having used it for a number of years.

Again, many thanks, kindest regards and I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines