• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how do Install old Elements 10 on new computer?

New Here ,
Jan 01, 2020 Jan 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I install Elements 10 (yes, the old version 10) to my new computer.  I used to have the CD for it, but for the life of me can't find it anymore.  I have the license number, and it shows registered with Adobe, but I can't figure out how/where to download a version that will work with my Elements 10 licence number.

I still have my old computer - is there a way to copy all the needed files from that to install it to my new computer?

I don't need or want the fancy options of any newer versions.

Thank you in advance.

TOPICS
Download and install , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downloading a new installer for v10 may now be possible (due to recent policy changes) but this will remain an open question until sometime tomorrow when Adobe USA staff returns from holiday break.  BTW, is your new computer Windows or Mac?   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PC, Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 02, 2020 Jan 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user to user community. For some issues it will be necessary to contact Adobe directly. Click the following link and scroll down the page to Individual. Then click “Sign in to contact us” It should be possible to start an on-line chat with Adobe Support. Make it clear you are not looking for support for an older product but need a download link.
https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jan 02, 2020 Jan 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In this recent post , Greg_S intended to get official clarification on this matter after the holidays (today?) after seeing reports that Support Staff are giving out bad information.  The chat option is a good one but, depending on who you chat with, it may also land you on the dreaded hamster wheel.  I'm sure this will all shake out in the coming days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 03, 2020 Jan 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, as I now understand it, under Adobe's new policy, anyone who purchased a disc version that is more than 2 years old cannot receive a link to the installation files.  Anyone who purchased a download directly from Adobe should have a link to the installation files in their Adobe.com account profile. 

For more information look here and here.

Moral of the story:  Guard your boxed version disks.  And if you purchased a download from any third party, backup the installation files in a safe place. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the info - I was able to find the box with the disc in it and I have put it someplace easier to find this time. 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines