• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you perfectly center text in Photoshop Elements 14?

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2016 Nov 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, this is driving me crazy! The simplest thing I should be able to do without question is holding me up

.. I know how to perfectly center images no problem, but the text tool allows you to have text placed

at the near top, top middle and end but not perfectly in the middle. I can do it by eye test manually..

but I have a special font that I want for a banner to be perfectly in the middle, someone help!

I want it to be centered with the exact same dimensions vertically/horizontally. Perfect Middle/Center

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 29, 2016 Nov 29, 2016

To center the text (perfectly!!!!), you need to do this:

1) Activate the text layer by clicking on it in the Layers Panel (this is normally on the right side with your other layers)

2) Select >> All (from Menu Bar) or CTRL+A

3) Click once on the Move tool (this is necessary although you are not moving anything manually)

4) Click on the icons shown below:

2016-11-29_18-41-49.png

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To center the text (perfectly!!!!), you need to do this:

1) Activate the text layer by clicking on it in the Layers Panel (this is normally on the right side with your other layers)

2) Select >> All (from Menu Bar) or CTRL+A

3) Click once on the Move tool (this is necessary although you are not moving anything manually)

4) Click on the icons shown below:

2016-11-29_18-41-49.png

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2018 Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! This was driving me mad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another simple way is to drag and drop guides from the top ruler and left ruler – click image below. When you commit the text the center handles will usually snap to position either using the move tool or nudging into the exact position with the arrow keys.

You can turn rulers and guides on and off under the View menu.

QBF.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what does that mean i.e."drag and drop guides"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally figured it out. You are supposed to hit the "middle" button to center text. It is confusing because the "center" button is typically used in all other software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Nov 30, 2016 Nov 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another centering trick:

1. Select the text: Ctrl-click the text layer in the Layers Palette.

2. Copy selection to the clipboard (Edit > Copy).

3. Delete the selection.

4. Paste from the clipboard (Edit > Paste). This places the text on a new layer, perfectly centered.

5. Delete the original text layer.

Note that this method also works for other kinds of layers besides text, e.g., shapes, images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 06, 2017 Jun 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this is also driving me crazy the hell. Why photoshop can't auto center text!

I find one tutorial gives detail tips on how to center text in Photoshop, I post here, hope it helps.

In case you just want to see how to set it in picture, I post the pic of PS centre text below.

c0b0f42e-3dba-4937-b916-43eff08acfb6.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NO offense, but this measure only centers the text as t up and down orientation. It does nothing to center the text left to right. Do you have any clue how to center the text left to right? Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines