• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you transfer Adobe Photoshop Elements 13 to another device?

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2020 Feb 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

My dad bought me Photoshop Elements 13 (and Premiere Elements 13) somewhere ages ago and I've recently gotten a new PC and now want both of those programs here.

Back then I had a CD which started the programs and allowed me to enter the activation codes, but my new PC does not have a CD drive. If I enter the codes on my profile here, it says they are already redeemed (of course). Even though I logged in with my account in those products on my old laptop, they are not shown anywhere on my profile. 

The download links for Photoshop Elements 13 I found on the Adobe page only direct me to a page saying "not found". 

How can I transfer them?

Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 23, 2020 Feb 23, 2020

Perhaps you can copy the CD disks to a thumb drive on a friend's computer, then install on your new machine via USB.

If you don't have the serial number and if you registered the product originally, you may be able to retrieve it here in your account:

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/find-serial-number.html

If you strike out, try to initiate a chat session with an Adobe functionary. Make it clear that you need a download link and that your contact is not for other support.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Plugin CD drives are available. But you need the serial number. This was given to you when you redeemed, and you need a record of it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the serial numbers, that's what I meant with codes. 

I had hoped I wouldn't have to buy an extra CD drive, but I guess there's no way around it.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear you have the serial number. You don't even need to use a friend's computer if you still have the old one with working CD... be aware old software may not work on new systems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps you can copy the CD disks to a thumb drive on a friend's computer, then install on your new machine via USB.

If you don't have the serial number and if you registered the product originally, you may be able to retrieve it here in your account:

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/find-serial-number.html

If you strike out, try to initiate a chat session with an Adobe functionary. Make it clear that you need a download link and that your contact is not for other support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I completely forgot about that option, thank you so much! It worked perfectly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're very welcome. Glad to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines