• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to begin

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to community discussions. A friend gave me a link to a previous thread from August 2015 which I would like to access. How do I get to it?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's possible/probable that you cannot.  Adobe changed the forum software/service provider about 2 years ago and the older content was archived and removed from public view (in large part because it was thought to be obsolete).  So, at this point, if you have a question about Photoshop Elements, you are in the right place and you can start your own discussion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks very much for that information, which I find very useful. In fact, I awoke this morning thinking that something like that was going on.
A friend sent me a link ( https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-elements/how-do-i-get-elements-12-to-work-in-windows-10/m-p... )dealing with the problem of apparent incompatibility between Photoshop Elements 12 and Windows 10. (I have the former, and I am acquiring a laptop with the latter; My old Dell is looping in auto repair mode [yet another problem, which I have more or less abandoned due to age (my own and the Dell's)] ).
The link from my friend was accessible, but there was an embedded link, describing the origin of the solution. which was not. The first link describes an alleged solution, which was successful, at least at accessing the Photoshop Organizer (the stated problem).

There was also mention that the problem is that Elements requires something called DirectX, which is no longer part of Windows. I also read somewhere else that the problem might be solved by adjusting "compatibility mode". That's as far as I have gotten with this issue.
I have also read that the purchase of Elements is supposed to be a one-shot deal. It seems to me that Adobe ought to do something to fix this issue for users of Photoshop Elements 12.

At this point, once I get my new system, it seems that I'll have Photoshop Elements 12 that might work, or might not.

Thanks for your input.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DirectX  (Direct Play) for the Elements Organizer is a windows 10 feature that needs to be turned on as explained in the following thread:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-elements/phtoshop-elements-12-can-not-find-quot-directx-dir...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks. I'm acquiring a new system and hopefully I won't have problems, but will make use of your info if necessary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bruce,

If you post the link that you were given, I'll see if I can dig around and find it for you. I'm always unearthing "lost" bits of info on sites like archive.org, so we might get lucky 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for leaving that out in my previous response.
The apparently inaccessible link is: https://forums.adobe.com/message/1444666?start=0&tstart=0
Adobe Support Community
Come for help, be inspired. The Adobe Support Community is the place to ask questions, find answers, learn from experts and share your knowledge. We have everything to help you get started, learn how to's, tips and tricks, and unlock your creativity.
forums.adobe.com
Thanks for your interest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure how helpful the information in the post is, but here you go:

Switching From PC to Mac | Adobe Community (archive.org)

(Archive.org can be sloooow so give it some time to load).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...... (you have to read this in a Morgan Freeman voice in your head)......

And Bruce sought the answer to his question during his quest.  He asked his question, and sought the embrace of the ones and the zeros, for he found comfort in them, they brought him peace.  He found his answer, and found it to be pure, and good.... 

This is an answer Bruce seeks in his journey 

2021-03-31_051103.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Bruce, the first link is still accessible; the second one is not.  (I haven't bothered to see if you can find it on Archive.org.)  In any event, to answer your question, I have Elements 12 running on the latest version of Windows 10.  And to avoid any potential problems, it is best to run it in compatibility mode. To do this, find the PhotoshopElementsEditor.exe file.  It will be in the following directory:  C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 12.  Right-click on the file and choose Properties.  In the dialog that opens, select the Compatibility tab and then make the choice from the dropdown box shown in the following screenshot.   Exit out of everything and the Editor should work fine.

Ashampoo_Snap_2021.03.31_09h43m30s_001_.png

Note that the Photoshop Element 12 folder is not a normal yellow icon but has its own special icon.  This often misleads users.  Also, make sure you find the Editor's exe file I had mentioned.  Some users confuse it with a Photoshop Elements 12 exe file which takes you to the home screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines