Highlighted

How To Configure PSE2020 To Use Preferred Display Adapter

Engaged ,
May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that I saw a post about this a week or two ago but can't find it now. It may have been a setting in the program properties?

My Windows 10 laptop has two display adapters. #1 is the Intel HD Graphics 630 adapter that is built into the CPU that uses shared memory. #2 is a discreet NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti adapter which has its own memory. The NVIDIA adapter is a much better performing card. I've tried disabling the Intel 630 adapter but it keeps re-enabling itself.

My PSE2020 install only sees the Intel 630 adapter. Is there a way to configure or force PSE to use the NVIDIA display adapter?

Walter in Davie, FL

I think that I may have found the solution. It was on a Photoshop KB page (https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-gpu-graphics-card.html). Here it is.

2020-05-17 13_51_50-Troubleshoot Photoshop graphics processor (GPU) and graphics driver issues.png

I added PhotoshopElementsEditor.exe but ignored sniffer.exe because it doesn't exist in my PSE2020 install. And, of course, I changed the preferred graphics processor to my NVIDIA adapter. Now my NVIDIA adapter is recognized as the preferred adapter on my laptop!

Annotation 2020-05-17 142655.jpg

IMO, Adobe should check for multiple display adapters during install and give you the option to choose which one to use.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How To Configure PSE2020 To Use Preferred Display Adapter

Engaged ,
May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that I saw a post about this a week or two ago but can't find it now. It may have been a setting in the program properties?

My Windows 10 laptop has two display adapters. #1 is the Intel HD Graphics 630 adapter that is built into the CPU that uses shared memory. #2 is a discreet NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti adapter which has its own memory. The NVIDIA adapter is a much better performing card. I've tried disabling the Intel 630 adapter but it keeps re-enabling itself.

My PSE2020 install only sees the Intel 630 adapter. Is there a way to configure or force PSE to use the NVIDIA display adapter?

Walter in Davie, FL

I think that I may have found the solution. It was on a Photoshop KB page (https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-gpu-graphics-card.html). Here it is.

2020-05-17 13_51_50-Troubleshoot Photoshop graphics processor (GPU) and graphics driver issues.png

I added PhotoshopElementsEditor.exe but ignored sniffer.exe because it doesn't exist in my PSE2020 install. And, of course, I changed the preferred graphics processor to my NVIDIA adapter. Now my NVIDIA adapter is recognized as the preferred adapter on my laptop!

IMO, Adobe should check for multiple display adapters during install and give you the option to choose which one to use.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 16, 2020 0
Engaged ,
May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Walter in Davie, FL

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 17, 2020 0