• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to correct two slightly blurred faces in the center of a photo?

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2019 Jun 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

I really need all of  your help in quickly finding a solution to my problem. Yesterday evening, I took pictures of the entire graduation of our City's alternative high school. It is my way of paying it forward for all of the help the school gave my oldest son, Ian. He graduated from the school 7 years ago. In 2020, Ian will be receiving his Masters in Economics.

During the graduation rehearsal earlier in the morning, I suggested to the principal to have all 60 students upon being handed their diplomas to turn and face the crowd for 5 -10 seconds in order for their familes and friends to take a great picture. In addition, more importantly, I would be able to get a great picture of each student from my seat in the bleachers directly in front of the stage.

Equipment: Nikon 7000 camera with a 55 - 300 mm lens using a monopod.

When I started editing the pictures using Photoshop Elements 2018, I found on 15 of the straight on pictures I took that the faces of the students and school officials in the center of theses pictures seems to be slightly out of focus and lighter than that rest of the picture. In contrast, all of the other people in the picture in the back and on the sides look normal.

This is my problem - I need to find a way using Photoshop Elements 2018 to correct the faces of the students and the school officials on these 15 pictures or the pictures of those 15 students will not be included in the final picture link. If I do not include these 15 pictures in the final link, I will feel terrible.

PLEASE HELP ME.

Thank you all so much for any help you can give me.

Peace and Hope

James L. Mullins

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 07, 2019 Jun 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a sample so that we have a better idea of the problem and offer the best possible solutions for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Morning Greg,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

I do not know how to post a sample photo to the forum. I could not find the camera icon.

Take Care - I got jury duty.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jimbobber  wrote

I do not know how to post a sample photo to the forum. I could not find the camera icon.

FAQ: How do I capture and post a screen shot or video?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with 99jon, it's a little hard to understand what you're trying to do without posting a sample.

To do that, reply to this thread and click the photo icon on the tool bar. I've attached a photo of it so you'll know which one to use. icon.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

James you need to log-in to this thread using a web browser, then click reply.

How to correct two slightly blurred faces in the center of a photo?

You cant upload images when replying via email.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uploaded a sample picture.

Thanks for the help.

Back to jury duty.

Peace,

James

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

James I don’t think anything is possible with sharpening, contrast or shake reduction as the focus is really off. Shooting at f6.7 or f8 would have been preferable to f5.6

If you have other photos of the subject where the focus is sharp you could try copy/paste of the heads with some masking.

Sorry I can’t help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would suggest making a rough selection with the lasso tool or try the quick selection tool.

Then go to the menu and choose:

Enhance >> Unsharp Mask

Keep the radius setting below 1 and use the amount slider to adjust sharpness. Only the area inside the selection will be adjusted, the remainder of the photo will be left untouched.  See image below.

When finished sharpening click OK and from the menu:

Select >> Deselect

Unsharp-Mask.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DSC_4011 copy.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines