• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Delete Organizer

Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2019 May 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded to Photoshop Elements version 2019 from version 2.  I have a system for organizing my files.  Organizer it too intrusive and seems to do things I don't ask it to do.  I want delete/disable it.  I have no use for it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 21, 2019 May 21, 2019

jeffb86237542  wrote

Organizer it too intrusive and seems to do things I don't ask it to do.  I want delete/disable it.  I have no use for it.

You are the boss. Tell the organizer you don't want anything automatic or assisted. Menu Edit >> Preferences >> Media Analysis...

Untick everything.

And when in the 'Save as' menu in the editor, don't tick the box to 'Include in the organizer'. Do that once, that choice is sticky.

Now, don't throw the baby with the bath water... you don't know what you may be

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jeffb86237542  wrote

Organizer it too intrusive and seems to do things I don't ask it to do.  I want delete/disable it.  I have no use for it.

You are the boss. Tell the organizer you don't want anything automatic or assisted. Menu Edit >> Preferences >> Media Analysis...

Untick everything.

And when in the 'Save as' menu in the editor, don't tick the box to 'Include in the organizer'. Do that once, that choice is sticky.

Now, don't throw the baby with the bath water... you don't know what you may be missing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2019 May 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks MichelBParis, for taking the time to respond to my question. Yes, your suggestions seem to have disabled Organizer’s preference for lurking around and operating in the background.

jeffb86237542

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doesn't work.  When the "Organizer" is open -- I go to the upper left -- click on "Edit" - then "Preferences" -- then there is no where else to go and there is nothing "checked" that I can uncheck.  HELP! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doesn't work.  When the "Organizer" is open -- I go to the upper left -- click on "Edit" - then "Preferences" -- then there is no where else to go and there is nothing "checked" that I can uncheck.  HELP! 

By @Anne22271388wkzu

Don't you see this dialog?

OrgPrefs.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2023 Apr 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Was cleaning my PC from trash and I really do not know why Elements Organizer takes up 3 GB and why do I need it anyway. I only use Premiere Elements, not Organizer. Tried to find here if it can be uninstalled and how. Finally gave up and just manually removed all the Organizer folders into the Recycle Bin. If this is the proper way to do it, I do not know, but so far Premiere Elements works fine. Also I manually deleted 1GB worth of audio and music effects from PE, I never use them. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

As you're looking to disable the organizer, could you please check this article and let us know if it helps?

Bypass the Welcome Screen in Photoshop Elements

Also, please check this forum thread and let us know how it goes. How can I stop seeing the Home screen on startup? Elements 2019

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sahil.Chawla  wrote

Hi Jeff,

As you're looking to disable the organizer, could you please check this article and let us know if it helps?

Bypass the Welcome Screen in Photoshop Elements

Also, please check this forum thread and let us know how it goes. How can I stop seeing the Home screen on startup? Elements 2019 

Regards,
Sahil

Yes, you most certainly want to start the editor directly, but keep in mind that some automatic tasks may run if they are not disabled first in the organizer (even if you never launch it). So, at least once, open the organizer and disable those tasks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2019 May 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Sahil, for your help. The first link takes me to a home page procedure for Photoshop Elements v.11, which is no longer available in version 2019. But the 2nd instruction there works and is the method I used to create a Window shortcut icon.

The 2nd link is helpful also in avoiding the home page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines