• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to disable the home screen in Elements 2019

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2018 Nov 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently upgraded from Photoshop Elements 2018 to the 2019 version.  In the 2018 version under general preferences you had the option to skip the home screen and go directly to the Organizer.  I cannot find how to do this in the 2019 version.  Going to the home screen is a waste of time and I would like to be able to go directly to the Organizer like I could in the 2018 version.

Thanks,

Greg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 11, 2018 Nov 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Greg,

You cannot Bypass the Homescreen in 2019 version with a setting, as with 2019 version of welcome screen, you get features and it is not just a launcher for the applications.

But you can create desktop shortcuts for organizer and Editor, which can be used to directly launch the apps instead of launching the homescreen first.

Here is the link having information on creating shortcuts: Bypass the Welcome Screen in Photoshop Elements 

Thanks

Vipin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2018 Nov 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the Adobe Photoshop Elements 2019 App from the Microsoft Store. There is no way to access directly the photo editor or organizer.

Does anyone know how I could manage it there to open the photo editor directly without Home?

Greetings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 23, 2018 Nov 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don’t know if this works for store purchases but it’s simple to try a shell prompt to find the hidden Applications folder.

Bring up the run dialog by holding down the Windows key and pressing the R key

Type into the box shell:AppsFolder and hit return

Shell.jpg

In the Applications screen you are looking for items beginning with P (usually in alphabetical order)  and if you see PhotoshopElementsEditor right-click on it and choose Create Shortcut.

You will see a message that says it can’t be created here but click yes to send it to the desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2018 Nov 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tip, it's always worth a try.

In the AppsFolder there was no entry for PhotoshopElemntsEditor, only the entry for Adobe Photoshop Elements 2019.exe. After a long search I found it in this directory:

C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\AdobeSystemsIncorporated.PhotoshopElements2019_1.53.0.0_x64__ynb6jyjzte8ga\VFS\ProgramFilesX64\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 2019

the entry PhotoshopElementsEditor.exe which I linked according to your instructions.

Then the next problem after a double click on this link, this error message:

Then I entered the rights and the next error message appeared with a double click on the link:

I think that I now delete the program and reinstall it, after that I live with this nonsensical home screen. In the future I will always avoid installing apps in Windows 10 if there is an "old-fashioned" program.

Thanks again for your tip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

With the Mac versions of PSE, you can't create desktop shortcuts. We're forced to endure the extra lengthy process of launching the home screen first, then opening the Editor. Not very efficient.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2019 Apr 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Windows 10, if you are running the 64bit version, you must install Photoshop Elements in C:/Program Files (x86), NOT the recommended location.

Once it is installed, open C/ProgramFiles (x86)/PhotoshopElements2019 and in there you will see the icon for PhotoshopElementsEditor.exe. Just right click the icon and create a shortcut as normal. It will create it on your desktop and you can then pin it to your taskbar.

I've just done it, having originally followed the 'recommended' route. All 64bit programs should be installed in the 'Program Files (x86)' directory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2019 Oct 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!  Just got Elements 2020 and was desperate to get rid of the hated home screen. I upgraded from Elements 2018 where I had been able to easily disable its weelcome screen. Not so the 2020 home screen. Rather than be infuriated every time I open the !@$^&&^! program, I followed your instructions and created proper shortcuts to the real editors. Why on earth does Adobe insult its customers with the junk on the home screen EVERY TIME they want to get some work done?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 19, 2019 Oct 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do leave the hub (Home screen) running from time to time, notably after importing new batches of images. I can then see if any auto-creations have been produced for my events. I find some quite pleasing which I save; others I delete. The beauty of desktop icons for instantly launching the separate apps is that you can also drag and drop images onto the desktop icon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines