Highlighted

How to fix type size discrepancy between PS Elements & Photoshop?

New Here ,
Feb 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey folks,

I work with both Photoshop (at home) and Photoshop Elements (at work) for light editing but there is a discrepancy between the type sizes between the programs.

For example, if you make the font size 62 pt. in Photoshop in the Character palette, it will show up as 61.77 pt. in PS Elements. The same happens vice versa; 62 pt. created in Elements will show up with the decimal in Photoshop. The same holds true for the leading. It seems to happen regardless of what version of either program you are using.

Is there a fix to have only whole numbers appear and not the decimals?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to fix type size discrepancy between PS Elements & Photoshop?

New Here ,
Feb 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey folks,

I work with both Photoshop (at home) and Photoshop Elements (at work) for light editing but there is a discrepancy between the type sizes between the programs.

For example, if you make the font size 62 pt. in Photoshop in the Character palette, it will show up as 61.77 pt. in PS Elements. The same happens vice versa; 62 pt. created in Elements will show up with the decimal in Photoshop. The same holds true for the leading. It seems to happen regardless of what version of either program you are using.

Is there a fix to have only whole numbers appear and not the decimals?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 09, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is certainly one of the stranger issues i've come across.

Have you noticed that with any other sizes besides 62 pt?

I actually tested this in photoshop 6.0.1 and photoshop elements 1, which are based on the same code

and the results are the same as yours, so the issue is not new.

Also if you take a text document saved in photoshop cc 2019 and open it in photoshop elements 1, the type

size is different just like you experienced and vice versa for a text document save in photoshop elements 2019

and opened in photoshop 6.0.1.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 11, 2019 0
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its at any size. The 62/61.77 pt number comes from a document I had opened at the moment of writing my original post.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 13, 2019 0