Highlighted

How to import directly from my Epson scanner

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Back when I had an earlier version of Elements, I was told how to set things up so that when I clicked on File > Import, I would immediately see my Epson Perfection V500 Photo scanner, and not just WIA Support.  I now have Adobe Photoshop Elements 20.  Does anyone know how to set that linkup?

TOPICS
How to, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to import directly from my Epson scanner

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Back when I had an earlier version of Elements, I was told how to set things up so that when I clicked on File > Import, I would immediately see my Epson Perfection V500 Photo scanner, and not just WIA Support.  I now have Adobe Photoshop Elements 20.  Does anyone know how to set that linkup?

TOPICS
How to, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 11, 2020 0
Engaged ,
Jan 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using PSE 2020 in Windows 10 Pro. In the Organizer, select Edit>Preferances on the Menu bar at the top of the window. If your scanner is connected and turned on you should see it in the Scanner... panel in preferences.

I find it a bit easier to scan to a folder that is in my Watch Folders and import from there. That way, I have more control over where the scans are located.

This is what the Scanner... preferences looks like.

Annotation 2020-01-11 190608.jpg

Walter in Davie, FL

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 11, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your ideas. I don't use the organizer hardly ever, but I see what you mean. My problem is when using the Photo Editor, I would like File > Import to lead me directly to Epson Scanner, as it used to. Now, like you, I just scan to a folder I have created, and then tell the Editor to open that folder and import the picture I designate. Thanks again.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 11, 2020 0
Engaged ,
Jan 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rlt47,

If you don't like using the Organizer, what you might consider doing is putting an Elements Editor shortcut on your desktop. Once you have the Elements Editor shortcut on the desktop, you can drag a photo from the Windows Explorer and drop it on the Editor shortcut. That will open that photo in the Editor. I do this frequently and it works great. This also works with multiple photos in a single drag and drop operation.

Walter in Davie, FL

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 12, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think for a couple of versions now, the only scanner interface in the Editor is via the WIA Support.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 12, 2020 0
rlt47 LATEST
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for replying. I'll check on it some more.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 13, 2020 0