• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to install Photoshop Element-15 on Catalina

New Here ,
Jan 12, 2020 Jan 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to install Adobe photoshop Element-15 on iMac Catalina. i have no problem with download but when i click "install" the window came  { you must update it} So, how to do it ?

TOPICS
Download and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

You'll need to upgrade to Photoshop Elements 2020

https://www.adobe.com/ie/products/photoshop-elements/buying-guide.html

2020-01-12 11_56_03-Window.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2020 Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really?  I bought Elements in 2017 and you already expect me to buy a new version just so I can install it? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 28, 2020 Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That’s Apple’s plan. All part of the Joy of Mac.  All apps older than 2029 are obsolete 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, much as I'd like to blame Apple, I have researched this more and I see people with versions 2019 or 2020 having problems with this not working completely, so I think this is on Adobe and not Apple.

My understanding is this is related to the fact that Mac OS is now completely 64 bit and Photoshop, apparently, is not.

I don't think upgrading to 2020 is a fix either, by the way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you're expected to buy a new version like everyone else. You may not welcome the news that being a Mac owner will force software upgrades on you, but there we are. Elements 2020 is the only current offering for you. Your 2017 version is absolutely obsolete. This will happen again in a couple of years with the Apple Silicon migration. And no doubt every few years after that, Apple really have the bit between their teeth now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I bought the 2020 version ..    it downloaded ok but I get an error   " Can't be opened"     My 2018 works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or you can roll back the operating system to a version that supports Photoshop Elements 15.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had no problem running Photoshop Elements 15 on a Macbook Air running Catalina.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have an old app running and upgrade to Catalina, sometimes it works OK for a while. The signs are, Apple intend to round up and stop all these old apps running, they never meant to let them work. You won't be able to reinstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm guessing it would probably run if I was able to install it, but the install fails.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good, if you can't install it, everything is working according to Apple's plan. I love the idea that "it's Adobe's plan". You're welcome to think this. Of course, Adobe are delighted! But it's Apple's plan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot think of any other area of commerce where you are buying this level of obsolescence. If I buy a car, or a TV, or a washing machine, in 3 years time they may not be state of the art but at least they still work. I dropped $100 on Elements 15 3 years ago because I hate Adobe's subscription model. I've just bought a new Macbook with Catalina and it won't install. So that's $100 for 2 years of use. Absolutely shocking. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Apple push astonishing levels of obsolescence, and everyone loves them (indeed, may people blame every other software maker for this, not Apple! Truly they can do no wrong!!). They decide Catalina would stop running all old apps, more than about a year old. They've announced it will happen again in a couple of years. This is a strong reason for subscription software, which means you can keep up with Apple's latest obsolescence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines