Highlighted

How to launch Photoshop Elements Directly

New Here ,
Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just installed Photoshop  Elements 2020. How can I open it without the organizer (or whatever its called)?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Greg_S. | Adobe Community Professional

I can only give you a couple of suggestions based on Windows 10.  I have no idea how to do it with a Mac.

• In File Explorer, navigate to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 2020\ .   Right click on the PhotoshopElementsEditor.exe file and choose Send to>Desktop (create shortcut).  This will create a desktop icon that you can double-click to open the program directly.
  • With the program open, right-click on the taskbar icon and select Pin to taskbar.  The program will then always be available from the taskbar icon.

BTW, I assume you are asking how to avoid going through the Home Screen to open each individual program.  It is certainly not necessary to open the Organizer in order to go to the Editor.  You may also want to be aware that links to your latest edited files are found in the Home Screen.  So, if you want to work on a recently edited image, you can click on the Recent Files links that are in the lower right corner of the Home Screen, and it will open in the Editor.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to launch Photoshop Elements Directly

New Here ,
Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just installed Photoshop  Elements 2020. How can I open it without the organizer (or whatever its called)?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Greg_S. | Adobe Community Professional

I can only give you a couple of suggestions based on Windows 10.  I have no idea how to do it with a Mac.

• In File Explorer, navigate to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 2020\ .   Right click on the PhotoshopElementsEditor.exe file and choose Send to>Desktop (create shortcut).  This will create a desktop icon that you can double-click to open the program directly.
  • With the program open, right-click on the taskbar icon and select Pin to taskbar.  The program will then always be available from the taskbar icon.

BTW, I assume you are asking how to avoid going through the Home Screen to open each individual program.  It is certainly not necessary to open the Organizer in order to go to the Editor.  You may also want to be aware that links to your latest edited files are found in the Home Screen.  So, if you want to work on a recently edited image, you can click on the Recent Files links that are in the lower right corner of the Home Screen, and it will open in the Editor.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 26, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 26, 2019 1
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, that's exactly what I wanted to know! (I'm also Windows 10)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 26, 2019 0
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those of us who do not want to waste our time on the splash screen and then have to wait again for the editor to open, this is a waste of time. I rarely use the orgnaizer and I use the editor a lot. having to sit and wait for 2 programs to load up everytime I want to do an edit is rediculous. We used to be able to bypass this in the past. 

This is the kind of stuff that makes me skip 2 to 3 versions before I update. 

They should think more about their users. No way I'd try their cloud services when the desktop software isn't convenient.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 22, 2020 0
Mar 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kirkk50220313,

I'm sorry you have such a low pain threshold.  If right-clicking the Editor's icon and pinning it to the Taskbar (so you always have access to it with one click) is too much trouble, I don't think there's much any of us can say to you. 

If you wish to register a feature request, you may do so here.  However, I should warn you that it may take several mouse clicks, some scrolling and some text entry to file your request.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 22, 2020 1
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You missed the point.

If a developer makes a change which does not improve the user experience, but actually lowers the quality of the experience you can tell them. I've seen other developers correct a change they made based on user input.

In this case there was a previous setting you used to be able to use to bypass the start up screen. They took that away. As a paying client who has paid for Adobe software programs for over a decade, I don't have a problem speaking up when I have a complaint.

Most people do not need to upgrade every year, and when the user experience takes a hit, many won't. I've skipped at least 2 upgrades twice because of changes I sw in a trial I didn't like. 

That's the kind of stuff  most developers want to know.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 23, 2020 0
Greg_S. LATEST
Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

. . .  which is why I gave you a link to make your point known, if you feel so strongly about it.  This is a user to user forum.  AFAIK, it is not monitored regularly by the developers.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 23, 2020 0
Enthusiast ,
Mar 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Incredible

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 22, 2020 0