Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HOW TO LOAD & SAVE BRUSHES IN CUSTOM GROUPING IN PHOTOSHOP ELEMENTS 15

Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2019 Jul 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've watched several tutorials on youtube on saving custom brushes in Photoshop Elements, in a customized grouping/pallet. But, each time I load a new brush, it keeps bumping out the previous custom brushes I've just loaded and saved. It's very frustrating. I'm trying to create a customized Master Pallet of brushes for my work. But I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

This YouTube video shows exactly what I'm trying to do. Including labeling each category:  Easily group Photoshop brushes into "folders" - YouTube

Could someone help me with directions on how to properly Load and Save my custom brushes in one Master Grouping/Pallet?

Best,

-Mark

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 08, 2019 Jul 08, 2019

Use the pull-down menu under brush options (see image below) and choose preset manager.

You can select brushes using Ctrl+Click and group into a set. After saving the set use add.

I have a couple of defined brushes saved in a watermark set  which appears in the brush menu.

Watermk.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 08, 2019 Jul 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the pull-down menu under brush options (see image below) and choose preset manager.

You can select brushes using Ctrl+Click and group into a set. After saving the set use add.

I have a couple of defined brushes saved in a watermark set  which appears in the brush menu.

Watermk.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much. I'll give this a try. I was previously attempting to save brushes through Preset Manager, but I noticed every time I added a new one, the previous brushes I had just saved would get bumped out, or I'd see a different set of brushes.

Also, does it matter how I label each individual brush, meaning, do they all need to be labeled identically in the same category, for grouping?

-Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mark

No they don’t need to be named identically within the same set. It helps if you keep each name short as they show up better when viewing brush preset thumbnails.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Understood. Thank you so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

markh23551318  wrote

Could someone help me with directions on how to properly Load and Save my custom brushes in one Master Grouping/Pallet?

Suggest that you create a unique folder to contain the new custom brushes. The point is not to disturb the brush folders installed by default in PSE. If you screw up, it is difficult to get them back

I have followed the instructions delineated below, and as I encounter a free brush, add to same.

https://www.essential-photoshop-elements.com/install-brushes-in-photoshop-elements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is really no need to create a special folder unless you want a back-up of custom brushes. When you add a set they get automatically installed in the system location so won’t affect the built-in default brushes.

C:\Users\99jon\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Photoshop Elements\17.0\Presets\Brushes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines