Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to make a catalog of current user accessible for all on Mac OS

Explorer ,
Mar 14, 2019 Mar 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

my PSE 2019 Catalog is in a Custom Location.

How can I make it accessible for All Users on the Mac (not on Windows)?

Manage Catalog and „Move“ does not provide this functionality. For new catalogs this setting is available on Mac, so I hope it is also changeable afterwards...

Is there any way?

Thank you

Christian

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 15, 2019 Mar 15, 2019

ChristianFromLaatzen  wrote

Hello Michel,

I don't know if there is a risk in a multiuser OS when I have the Catalog open, lock the Mac-Book and my girlfriend opens the Organizer and the Catalog with here account in parallel.

I could imagine, that the Caches of the Organizer get out of sync when she modifies anything - but I'm not sure if PSE is able to handle it.

Thank you

Christian

The organizer (or Lightroom) are not multi-user softwares. No concurrent access. You can access the same catalog from li

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 15, 2019 Mar 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Christian,

I don't know anything about Macs, but as I understand it, when you are in 'custom location', anybody with access permission to the custom location can access the catalog?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Michel,

I don't know if there is a risk in a multiuser OS when I have the Catalog open, lock the Mac-Book and my girlfriend opens the Organizer and the Catalog with here account in parallel.

I could imagine, that the Caches of the Organizer get out of sync when she modifies anything - but I'm not sure if PSE is able to handle it.

Thank you

Christian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ChristianFromLaatzen  wrote

Hello Michel,

Thank you

Christian

The organizer (or Lightroom) are not multi-user softwares. No concurrent access. You can access the same catalog from licensed organizer accounts, but only one by one. The typical use is to share alternatively a catalog and a photo library on an external drive between two computers; a desktop and a laptop or two computers in different locations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hallo Michel,

ok, then we need to close the Organizer when we leave the Mac. I changed the permissions to read&write for my Girlfriend too and now she can access the catalog in my OneDrive Folder.

Thank you

Christian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines