Highlighted

how to make an oval frame elements 2019

New Here ,
Oct 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just bought 2019 and need to make an oval frame around a subject in a photo. How is this done?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by hatstead | Adobe Community Professional
  1. Open the Layers palette.
  2. Open your picture file. This will be the Background layer.
  3. Activate the Elliptical Marquee tool, and drag out an oval surrounding the subject
  4. Place this selection on a new layer - Press CTRL+J. This will be Layer 1
  5. Shut off the visibility of the Background layer.. You should see the object surrounded by a checkerboard pattern, which denotes transparency.
  6. Set your foreground color chip to the color for your frame.
  7. Press CTRL and left click on the layer thumbnail (not the name) on Layer 1
  8. Go to Edit>Stroke(outline) selection. Make the width 20-25px (experiment) and place inside position. Blending mode normal, opacity=100%
  9. Press CTRL+D to get rid of the marching ants
  10. Open a blank layer between the Background layer and layer 1. This will be Layer 2
  11. Now, we need a new background. The choice is yours. You can fill Layer 2 with a solid color using the Paintbucket tool. In some instances I prefer a nice gradient. If you wish to do this, activate the gradient tool and select a gradient, and while still on Layer 2, hold down the shift key and drag the gradient from below to the top.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

how to make an oval frame elements 2019

New Here ,
Oct 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just bought 2019 and need to make an oval frame around a subject in a photo. How is this done?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by hatstead | Adobe Community Professional
  3. Activate the Elliptical Marquee tool, and drag out an oval surrounding the subject
  5. Shut off the visibility of the Background layer.. You should see the object surrounded by a checkerboard pattern, which denotes transparency.
  8. Go to Edit>Stroke(outline) selection. Make the width 20-25px (experiment) and place inside position. Blending mode normal, opacity=100%
  10. Open a blank layer between the Background layer and layer 1. This will be Layer 2
  11. Now, we need a new background. The choice is yours. You can fill Layer 2 with a solid color using the Paintbucket tool. In some instances I prefer a nice gradient. If you wish to do this, activate the gradient tool and select a gradient, and while still on Layer 2, hold down the shift key and drag the gradient from below to the top.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 05, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 06, 2019 0
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the assistance, but I'm such a newby I don't know how to do some of the steps listed. In step 5 I don't know how to Shut off the visibility of the Background layer. I think I need to read more books on elements and experiment until I figure it out.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 07, 2019 0
hatstead LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Layers palette, where is says "Background Layer," you should see an eye icon. Click on this to toggle off/on. Feel free to repost if you need additional help. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 07, 2019 0