• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to move pivot point in Photoshop Elements 2020

Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is on a PC running Windows 10.  I have tried pressing "CTRL", "Fn", "Alt, or Shift key" as I select the pivot point using the "Select" tool and cannot move the pivot point without moving the whole selection.

TOPICS
Actions , How to , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you chosen an action to perform after making a selection other than "move"?

Move will give you a pivot point, but you can't place it elsewhere.

Take a different action for example free transform (Cntrl-T) after you have made a selection. 
I checked it and the alt key does the job for me to move the pivot point. (win10)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is great, it worked perfectly.  alt does not work by itself but after as you said chosing a different action i.e. Ctrl T, then it worked perfectly!  Thank you again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please press the Alt key

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can also move the Reference Point to corners/sides/center in the tool options for Transform.

refrp.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines