• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to open photo will elements

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just dowmloaded a trial version of photoshop elements 2020 with a view to purchasing. Surprisingly I cannot open a photoin the app on my apple mac!!

When I click 'edit with' I get the response

The application “Adobe Photoshop Elements 2020” cannot open the specified document or URL

Surely it must be simple enough to start the process.

Please help. Thanks.

TOPICS
How to , Import and export , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are trying to open an image already in the Apple Photos app you would need to install the appropriate extension. See my blog article for further information.

Alternatively export an unmodified original or with your Apple edits to the desktop or a named folder and use the Editor menu:

File >> Open

Navigate to and choose the copy.

https://99jon.blogspot.com/2016/03/external-editing-from-photos-app-on-mac.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for your prompt response.

I am indeed trying to open photos from my apple photo library on mac using mojave operating system.

By copying photos to desktop I can now open in elements 2020 but this does seem a very cumbersome method. 

I took a look at the extension info but this appereared to suggest it was no longer necessary for the latest mac operating systems! I do hope there is a simpler way to open photos for editing.

Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the Finder, what happens if you select all those files (currently associated with Apple Photos) -- right click and choose "get info" -- Change the application in the “Open with:” drop down

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It may seem cumbersome but it’s designed to protect your Apple Photos library and avoid file corruption which can happen when you try to reference the same files in two different applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines