• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to properly reinstall pse 2020 & create default folders

Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2021 Mar 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My issue is not PSE itself but my clumsy folder structure I created over time. Currently my photo library is out side of the default windows "picture" folder and  burried deep in a diffrent folder structure, difficult to navigate to.

Is there a way to simplify this mess

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Advocate , Mar 07, 2021 Mar 07, 2021

Hi Bill,

I'm assuming that all of your photos are stored in a single Photoshop Elements Organizer Catalog.

The most important thing to do is not to move your photos using the File Explorer. This will break all the file location connections that the Organizer has built up over time, and you will then have to reconnect all the missing files.

And just in case something goes wrong, make sure you have a backup of the catalog:

Backup or restore catalogs

So, the easiest way to move your photos is:

1. C

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Mar 07, 2021 Mar 07, 2021

Phil, your advice is greatly appreciated, thank you again.

bill

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bill,

I'm assuming that all of your photos are stored in a single Photoshop Elements Organizer Catalog.

The most important thing to do is not to move your photos using the File Explorer. This will break all the file location connections that the Organizer has built up over time, and you will then have to reconnect all the missing files.

And just in case something goes wrong, make sure you have a backup of the catalog:

Backup or restore catalogs

So, the easiest way to move your photos is:

1. Choose the Media tab in the Elements Organizer and make sure you are viewing All Media.

2. If you want to only move some of the media in your catalog (such as just the photos and projects, but not video) use the View > Media Types options to narrow your choice down.

3. Edit > Select All

4. File > Move

5. In the Move Selected Items dialog window click the Browse button

6. Navigate to the default Pictures folder and click on the Pictures folder icon to highlight it

7. Click on the Make New Folder, name it something like Photos, and click the OK button.

8. The Location should now be something like C:\Users\username\Pictures\Photos

8. Click OK

9. After the photos have been moved successfully, you should see a confirmation message on the screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Phil

I just want to make sure that my intent is clear before I follow your well written instructions.

My photos currentyl are on C:\Users\William\My Photos Taken, and I would like to change the folder name and move them to a folder on my "J" drive, with the following name:

J:Family Photos

Is this advisable as it is differnt than your example in Step 8, basically I'm trying to keep location simple

Thank you for your advice

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bill,

Sounds good to me 🙂

Here are the steps again using your new choice of location:

1. Choose the Media tab in the Elements Organizer and make sure you are viewing All Media.

2. If you want to only move some of the media in your catalog (such as just the photos and projects, but not video) use the View > Media Types options to narrow your choice down.

3. Edit > Select All

4. File > Move

5. In the Move Selected Items dialog window click the Browse button

6. Navigate to your J: drive and click on the J: drive icon to highlight it

7. Click on the Make New Folder, name it Family Photos, and click the OK button.

8. The Location should now be J:\Family Photos

8. Click OK

9. After the photos have been moved successfully, you should see a confirmation message on the screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Phil, your advice is greatly appreciated, thank you again.

bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines