Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to "Remove Braces" Steps

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I know this has had to have been asked before, but...........I can't find it by searching the community. 

I know there is a way to remove braces in a photo but when I saw the instructions many years ago, I didn't have kids and now that they are old enough to have braces, I have forgotten the steps and which tools work best.  

I've tried all sorts of things concerning replacing color but they just don't look like normal teeth.

I have PSE14 and any help wtll be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,

Lynita

TOPICS
Actions , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2019 Nov 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no magical tool to remove braces. Tools to 'remove' unwanted objects are based on artificial intelligence ability to distinguish between an object shape and a rather flat or constrasting background. So, you have to 'paint' over the metal with shades of teeth color surrounding each part of the braces. The tool required for that is the 'clone' tool. You paint from adjoining spots of the tooth. It's slow, but it's possible to get a very convincing result. Try to find tutorials or videos about 'cloning' in Elements, either in the online help or on Youtube. You need to take the time to learn and practice the process, but you'll be very happy to master that tool afterwards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2019 Nov 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!

I knew it was time consuming and had searched for ways to remove them but when I watched a video that lightened the entire photo and then colored out the braces, and then colored the teeth back in, I knew I’d better ask!  

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines