Highlighted

How to stop duplicate photos being included in Photoshop?

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have many duplicate photos in my Photoshop Elements app from my hard drive file, how do i stop these duplicates being included in the app?Cheers Bruce

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Greg_S. | Adobe Community Professional

What version of Elements are you using and what OS?  How are you importing your photos to the Organizer? (From a camera card via the Adobe Photo Downloader?)

I assume that either you are using an older version of the program or the duplicate photos have different names (e.g. with a suffix -1)? 

Depending on your responses to my questions, there are various strategies to remove the duplicates.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to stop duplicate photos being included in Photoshop?

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have many duplicate photos in my Photoshop Elements app from my hard drive file, how do i stop these duplicates being included in the app?Cheers Bruce

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Greg_S. | Adobe Community Professional

What version of Elements are you using and what OS?  How are you importing your photos to the Organizer? (From a camera card via the Adobe Photo Downloader?)

I assume that either you are using an older version of the program or the duplicate photos have different names (e.g. with a suffix -1)? 

Depending on your responses to my questions, there are various strategies to remove the duplicates.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 14, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 14, 2019 1
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Greg thanks,

yes the photos have (copy nos) or same photo with different filename. They are stored on a DLink hard drive all 40,000 photos. Ithink the DLink has created a backup copy and Photoshop has imported both copies in some instances.

Is there some other way of reducing the duplicate photos?

I was using Picasa and found it to be a far better product than PhotoShop, but Picasa did not like the photos being on a separate hard drive.

cheers

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 16, 2019 0
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked the updates and they are ok and the version 15.0.0.0

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 16, 2019 0