• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to use catalog file to replace ransomware hacked photos on NAS hard drive

New Here ,
Dec 22, 2019 Dec 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All my photos on Dlink NAS drive have been hacked by a ransomware demand. Can i use the Photoshop Elements catalog file to be able to still view my memories? I do not need photo quality just to be able to see the photos in screensaver or something similar.

Or any other suggestions would be welcome.

Cheers Bruce

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 22, 2019 Dec 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has nothjing to do with getting help using this forum system, that is what this forum is for Community Help.

[Moderator note: This was moved from the Communuty Help forum to the Phostshop Elements forum, hence the response given.]

Your problem can only be solved by restoring a backup that has not been infected by this ransom ware and cleaning your system of it.

In the future don't click on links in emails or go to suspicious websites and you won't get infected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2019 Dec 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your reply. If i had a recent back up i would not be asking the question, i got slack with photo back ups on my Dlink NAS drive. It is not my computer with the ransomware infection, it is the Dlink Nas Drive. I was not aware it could be accessed on the internet. As someone who did not have access to computers for the first 40 yrs of my life i have had to do some catching up, hence sometimes i do not understand the technical aspects. I can still see my photos on Photoshop Elements Organiser but they are shown as Offline, is it possible to use the catalog file as a defacto back up file? Just for my memory joggers on my screensaver.

Thanks in advance. Bruce

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines