• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Huge files from post production

Explorer ,
Apr 26, 2020 Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I took photos of owl chicks in their nest very high up in a palm tree. To be able to see into the nest, I set up my tripod of the roof apex of a nearby double story house.

I use a Nikon D500  with a Nikkor 200/500mm zoom and minimal lighting with a low light flash using a Magbeam to focus the light over the distance. I did not want to traumatize the owls.

The images were pretty dark and needed a lot of processing.

I used Adobe ACR for development, Elements 2018 for editing, Franzis Denoise and a little sharpening in Franzis Sharpen. Most of the Metadata got lost in the process.

I ended up with a 2,52MB jpg file.

Subsequently I realized that some of the other inferior images had better eyes.

I replaced the eyes in my processed image with the eyes lifted from the inferior  image. The photo was vastly improved, but the resultant psd. file was 2,1GB .

I flattened the layers and reduced the psd. file size to 693 MB. and the jpg to 32,6MB.

I would like to limit the psd to approx 30MB and the jpg to approx. 15MB, all without losing quality.

Any one got any suggestions as to how to reduce e? and why the file sizes got to be so huge?

My second last action was to make a composite image on which I made some minor edits with the Clone ToolwhThe

TOPICS
How to , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?