Highlighted

I can not transfer NEF file from Nikon Z7 to phoptoshop element 19.

Oct 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can not transfer NEF file from Nikon Z7 to Photoshop Element 19. Any help would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

I can not transfer NEF file from Nikon Z7 to phoptoshop element 19.

Oct 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can not transfer NEF file from Nikon Z7 to Photoshop Element 19. Any help would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has not yet added support to the camera raw plugin for the Nikon Z7.

Hopefully the next release of camera raw will and adobe will update pse 2019 to that camera raw version.

Probably in the next couple of months.

Update

Okay i was mistaken. Maybe the above is true, but it seems the reason photoshop elements doesn't open the Nikon Z7 nefs is adobe didn't ship pse 2019 with the newest camera raw 10.5 which does seem to open the Z7 files even though it's not listed as a supported camera. Camera raw 10.4 which pse 2019 ships with does not open the Z7 nefs.

In the meantime you could use Nikon Capture NX-D

Nikon | Download center | Capture NX-D

Or you could try the 10.5 adobe dng converter and see if that will convert the Z7 nefs to dng copies which then pse 2019 should open.

win

Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Windows : Adobe DNG Converter 10.5

mac

Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Macintosh : Adobe DNG Converter 10.5

Sample Nikon Z7 nef from here converted to dng using the 10.5 dng converter opened in camera raw 10.4.

https://www.photographyblog.com/reviews/nikon_z7_review/sample_images/

z.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try changing your raw settings to:  Lossless Compressed, 14 bit.  Lightroom will open these, but Not the files with normal compression.  I haven't tried uncompressed, yet.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much everybody for help. I called Adobe yesterday and was told Photoshop Element 19 will be updated in a couple of month for Nikon Z7 or was advised to use DNG converter for now. I will wait for their update and use JPEG for the time being.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe now has adobe dng converter 11 that officially supports the Z7 files.

Downloads:

Windows:  http://www.adobe.com/go/dng_converter_win/

Mac:  http://www.adobe.com/go/dng_converter_mac/

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Adobe DNG Converter 11.0 is not recognizing the NEF files from my Nikon Z7; in step 1, "No items match your search" appears in the Adobe DNG Converter Select Source File preview window.  My setup for the RAW files is Lossless Compressed, 14-Bit.

Have I missed something in my camera setup or a setting in the Adobe DNG Converter?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I use the DNG Converter it says select source FOLDER, and expects you to single-click select a folder name and not double-click open the folder, and it only shows folders, not the files in the folders:

2018-11-23_020501.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines