• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't find the smart Object selection

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have upgraded to 2020 version of Photoshop Elements.  I can't find the convert to smart object selection anywhere.  Is there a secret place or way to do it? I have watched you tube for two days and tried to look it up on adobe site to no avail.  There is no selection for it under the "layers" tabm nor the pull down menu in the layers window (see below).  Please Help.  Any ideas where I can find it, or make it hapen?

NonaL1_0-1593121821941.png

Thanks. 

TOPICS
Actions , Bug , How to , Performance , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not available in any Elements version;  you need the full Photoshop.

What is available is using smart layers when you drag files from the photobin to your canvas. You can convert those smart layers to regular pixel layers by using the simplify option.

To recover part of the smart objects features of Photoshop, I suggest using the very affordable, yet powerful, add-on Elements+ which has scripts to that effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The smart object selection is found under 'select' menu and is called 'Subject'

photojack50_0-1593187002767.png

HTH.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select > Subject in Elements is a convenient way to automatically select the most prominent subjects in a photograph with a single click.

The question here is asking about Convert to Smart Object in the Layers panel which is only found in the full version of Photoshop.

https://helpx.adobe.com/au/photoshop/using/create-smart-objects.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You could create a new document to start:

File >> New >> Blank File

Enter dimensions and resolution & background color e.g. white and click OK

From the menu choose:

File >> Place

Navigate to your photo to add it to the blank document. It will come in as a smart object on a separate layer. Drag the photo or corner handles to re-size/position.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines