Highlighted

I can't make the background transparent with the quick selection tool

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I recently just got the Photoshop Elements 2020. I used to use photoshop back in 2017, but I see things have changed. I mainly use photoshop for its quick use of making a photo's background transparent because I like to edit photos. But since I've gotten the 2020 version, I can't make the background transparent? It just turns to white. I'd appreciate the help!Screenshot (2).png

TOPICS
How to, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

I can't make the background transparent with the quick selection tool

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I recently just got the Photoshop Elements 2020. I used to use photoshop back in 2017, but I see things have changed. I mainly use photoshop for its quick use of making a photo's background transparent because I like to edit photos. But since I've gotten the 2020 version, I can't make the background transparent? It just turns to white. I'd appreciate the help!Screenshot (2).png

TOPICS
How to, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 22, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved from Photoshop forum.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 22, 2019 0
99jon LATEST
LEGEND ,
Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make a selection. For example use the magic wand selection tool and click somewhere on the white area. Then use the menu:

Select >> Inverse

With the objects then selected press Ctrl+J (Cmd+J on Mac) to create a new layer with transparency.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 22, 2019 0