• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't scan directly to PSE 2020 as I could do with PSE 14

New Here ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't scan to PSE 2020 as I could do with PSE 14.  HP Smart scans OK on Windows 10, but not PSE 2020

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a cheap HP network Printer that has a scanner. PS 2020 21.2.2 Import WIA support has not problem scanning from it.  Is there WIA support installed on your machine for your  HP scanner? Windows saw my HP network printer/scanner on my home network and installed the required software to support it.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JJ, Thank you for your answer.  The sequence I started is the sequence you have shown.

I had PSE 14 on a differnt computer, and it had no problem detecting and linking with the scanner.  This newer computer has PSE 2020, and when I start the import sequence, it says "no WIA devices detected."  Yet the HP Smart on the new computer has no problem detecting and importing images from the same scanner.  I can export images to the same printer/scanner, but I can't import from the same scanner.  VERY frustrating.

Dave Kirchner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In similar cases, you can scan from the organizer even if you have the issue with the editor.

The first thing to do is to reset the preferences in the editor.

It may make a difference if the printer is active when opening the PSE editor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving thread to the correct forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines