• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't update the Camera Raw plug-in on Photoshop Elements 2018

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2020 Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently purchased a new Nikon digital camera and wanted to shoot RAW files, to do so I need to update the Camera Raw plug-in from ver 10 to 13. I have tried reinstalling the plug-in and Photoshop, but the plug-in does not update. I have also tried manually checking for updates. I have attached a screenshot of the error message. Can anyone provide assistance?

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 08, 2020 Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot update the plug-in to version 13.  However, there is a workaround that should work. See this article.  I suggest you rename the exisiting plug-in file in case it doesn't work for you.  That way, you can restore the old file rather than re-install the whole program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should add that Elements 2018 is actually version 16.  (You need this information to find the correct path to the plug-in folder.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for trying, but I need ver 11 of the plug in for my camera, and I
cannot seem to get anything newer than 10.3 to update. I will simply have
to forgo shooting in RAW.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Chris,

Thanks for reaching out to Adobe Forums. The latest camera raw version that is supported in Elements 2018 is 10.3. If your camera is not supported by this camera raw version, you can use Adobe’s DNG converter to convert your raw images into DNG & import them in Elements 2018. For more information, please refer these help articles: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/photoshop/kb/why-is-my-camera-not-supported.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-compatible-applications.html

Thanks,

Yachika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines